Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 15 May 2024
  • I guess I was expecting the smaller unit.  This thing is Big!

• #2 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • This thing is huge and solid and it is not even put together yet!

• #3 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • It took about 70 minutes to get to this stage.

• #4 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • Interesting diffuser!  Very heavy.  I am not sure the function of the the metal piece below the diffuser and pellet auger.

• #5 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • Again, some assumptions.  I hope Keith will weigh in on and correct me if I am wrong or simply do not know the function of certain items.

I believe the U shaped big piece is both ash collection and grease catch and channel.

• #6 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • I will do a separate post on grilling area.  3 different size grills.  And the upper grill come out very easy and has what I believe is a very innovative storing system behind the unit.

• #7 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • Realize I have not done a Performance Test in almost 6 years.  Maybe there have been many advancements in controllers and apps, but this one is pretty sophisticated.  It is going to take several post on each, this is just a tease.

That is the amount of pellets in the Hopper, as you can see by the digital indicator on the far left of controller, it says it is 75% full.

• #8 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • In my 14 years of Performance Testing pellet units I have never seen a unit get to grilling temperature so fast.  Will get the correct info and not subjective comments as we go, but it was fast.  It was gas grill fast!  I started it, set at 550°.  Went in, mix seasoning in meat, formed patties, put mayo and onion on bun.  Went out to Searwood, expecting to sit down and wait for it to reach temperature.  It was already at the temp you see in the photo.  It appears it will be an impressive high heat grill!

Pages:
Actions