Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 03 Oct 2018
  • About a 10 second video of the Pellet Dump.  If you change pellets a lot, you would have to enjoy this feature...on Any unit!

Pellet Dump on Camp Chef SmokePro SG
  • #17 by Bentley on 03 Oct 2018
  • High Heat.  Unit was on for 1 hour with controller set on High.  Heat Diffuser closed.  Controller and IR Temperature Gun reading.  I took the IR reading off of the metal plate I used as a control for grate temperature.

• #18 by Bentley on 03 Oct 2018
  • High Heat.  Unit was on for 1 hour with controller set on High.  Heat Diffuser OPENED for 10 minutes after the previous test.  Controller (READING WAS 419°, sorry) and IR Temperature Gun reading.  I took the IR reading off of the metal plate I used as a control for grate temperature.

• #19 by Bentley on 03 Oct 2018
  • It appears one of the probes is bad.  I tried testing both, with crushed ice water bath and in mouth.  Both the X & Y slots seems to work, bit both probes did not.  The one working probe is within +-5° on cold and spot on on high end.  Hope my photo documentation will show results.

• #20 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2018
  • Last Data Test will be graph of the SG at 225° run for 1 hour.  Picture shows the placement of the probes.  The test is run with the heat diffuser closed!

• #21 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2018
  • #22 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2018
  • 4 minute video of the Smoke output of the Camp Chef SmokePro SG.  Unit was set on Low Smoke Setting (160°) and it would emit this amount of and length of smoke about every 7 minutes.

SG Smoke output
  • #23 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2018
  • I sometime hesitate to post things when I am not certain if I am using the unit correctly.  But since there are no real instructions on how to use the unit as a "grill", I am trying to do the best I can.  Having said that, I think I will grill another burger this weekend and try a new method.  I turned the SG on high for 40 minutes and had the diffuser plate open the entire time.  I am more inclined to leave it shut for the 1st 30 minutes and open for the last 10 and try that.

I give you the steaks.  And I did want to show a different surface then a porcelain coated metal grill, which I despise for grilling!

• #24 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2018
  • Kristin did some roasted garlic bulbs, doused with oil.  325° for 1 hour.  It has been so long since I had any, I for got how wonderful this stuff is!

• #25 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2018
  • She also did a roast 7lb chicken.  Now, if I had known she was going to cook the bird in a pan, I would have asked her to get 2 so I could truly "roast" a chicken in the pit!

• #26 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2018
  • And I had another cheeseburger for lunch!

Pages:
Actions