Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by pmillen on 28 Mar 2023
  • UPDATE

The movers took it off of the pallet and removed the internals.  They still had a deuce of a time getting it down to the backyard patio.  The four-inch wheels dug into the soft sod so it was essentially carried by using straps over their shoulders.  They were astoundingly skilled.  I kept thinking that I thought my back was indestructible when I was their age.

I've not cooked on the M-36 yet, or any other grill.  Back problem restrictions have kept me idle.  Door Dash will miss me when I'm closer to normal activity.

EDIT:  Grammar
  • #17 by Bentley on 28 Mar 2023
  • Look forward to seeing it and cooks.
  • #18 by BigDave83 on 28 Mar 2023
  • I remember looking at the website when you first mentioned them, looks like a nice unit.

Looking at your signature, I wouldn't know what I wanted to cook on half the time.
  • #19 by pmillen on 29 Mar 2023
  • I remember looking at the website when you first mentioned them, looks like a nice unit.

I have the odd-ball habit of sometimes shopping for something to cheer me up when I'm sad — I don't plan it but I recognize it in retrospect.  Anyway, soon after Marcia died of pancreatic cancer, I bought it off of the Internet without knowing anything about it except for a few videos on youtube.  Apparently, the larger the sadness the larger the purchase.
  • #20 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2023
  • If you posted this earlier I sure missed it and am sorry I did not see it.  I am sorry to hear this, you always spoke so fondly of her, I know she is missed. 

Anyway, soon after Marcia died of pancreatic cancer...
  • #21 by pmillen on 29 Mar 2023
  • If you posted this earlier I sure missed it and am sorry I did not see it.

This is my first mention of her dying.  I probably wouldn't have mentioned it but it was part of my decision making process so I included it.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
  • #22 by Canadian John on 30 Mar 2023

•  Please accept my condolences Paul. That is sad news indeed. 

• #23 by okie smokie on 30 Mar 2023
  • So sorry for your loss Paul.

• #24 by okie smokie on 12 May 2023
  • Have you assembled and used the M36 yet?  I was very impressed with their video. Lots of variations of use for it and built like a fortress. Anxious to see pics of it in action.
  • #25 by yorkdude on 13 May 2023
  • Our thoughts and prayers with you as well, sorry for your loss.
  • #26 by pmillen on 13 May 2023
  • Have you assembled and used the M36 yet?

I've had health issues that have kept me away from the outdoor cookers.  I did manage to light a few sticks to do a burn-in and seasoning.  I was impressed by the ease of maintaining clean smoke and a desired temperature.  Then I grilled a tiny pork tenderloin over charcoal in that 36-inch grill.  I didn't think either was worth your time to read about it.

I'm in the process of moving so IDK when I'll have the time to do a long cook that may be of interest.
  • #27 by Canadian John on 13 May 2023

•  I hope you are feeling better Paul & the move goes well.  We are looking forward to hearing from you! 
  • #28 by okie smokie on 13 May 2023
  • Thanks for replying. Hope your move goes well, and you are feeling better soon. Keep in touch when you can.
  • #29 by Bentley on 13 May 2023
  • Hope things improve with the move as I would enjoy seeing photos too.  Like many on this site, you are a resource and a valued member!
Pages:
Actions