Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • A member asked if I would be willing to do a review of a sauce.  I will let them identify themselves if they so choose.  So this will be a very informal and simple review.  As we all know taste is subjective!   I am gonna say up front, this will probably be a biased review.  I will probably be a Fan Boy for this sauce, cuz I tasted it when it go here last week, and as most of you know, I am a big fan of Kraft original.  This has many flavors notes I like in that sauce, but this sauce takes the flavor a little deeper.

• #2 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • BBQ for me is not what it was 25 years ago, the appeal for it has simply left me.  But for me, a Rack of Ribs was and is the essence of BBQ!  So I figured...Seasoning salt, Pappy's Garlic and Pappy's Prime Rib rub only!

• #3 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • So these just went on!  4 hours, 275°, Bone down, no peek...we will see!

• #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Mar 2024
  • Are you going to sauce while on the smoker or sauce after?  What is the game plan for the sauce and the ribs?
  • #5 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • While on the smoker.  They were done at about 3 1/2 hours, no look bite me in the    , should have turned 180° at 2 hours!  One more layer of sauce, then 15 minutes more in smoke and then eat!

• #6 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • A couple of thoughts.  I like it!  I twice sauced, and heavy both times.  Very good, but it would not be necessary.  If you are willing to give the sauce 20-30 minutes in the smoke at the end, one heavy coating would be enough.  It sets up well.  It is sweet, I like that, have never gotten the sauces with the vinegar tones.

Really not much more to be said.  I believe it is a sauce made with quality ingredients, I think that is why it has a good flavor.  As I said, taste is so subjective.  If you like a sweet, brown sugar type BBQ sauce, I do not think this would disappoint!

• #7 by WiPelletHead on 01 Mar 2024
  • Thank you for the review Bentley. The young man responsible for this sauce (Along with his dad) have impressed me. Together they run a food truck serving BBQ and catering. https://www.bigpapabbqfoodtruck.com/home
    I wish them the best.
  • #8 by Bentley on 01 Mar 2024
  • I wish then success!
Pages:
Actions