Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by hughver on 11 Aug 2021
  • Before I tried the meatloaf I decided to sample my DYI Jimmy Dean sausage. It was OK but definitely not Jimmy Dean. So in order to give the recipe a valid shot, I had my better half pick up a couple of pounds of Jimmy Dean sausage. Will try the meatloaf either today or tomorrow. I have not fully recovered from my stroke so prolonged standing while chopping the ingredients is a challenge
  • #32 by hughver on 11 Aug 2021
  • This is one of two that are on the grill
  • #33 by pmillen on 12 Aug 2021
  • Zowie!  That looks good when raw.
  • #34 by Bentley on 13 Aug 2021
  • In all my attempts to clone one...This is the Jimmy Dean sausage recipe I have made that was closest for me.

16 ounces ground pork
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/4 teaspoon MSG (such as Accent Flavor Enhan
  • #35 by ylr on 13 Aug 2021
  • Never cared that much for Jimmy Dean Sausage; we always bought Tennessee Pride.
  • #36 by hughver on 13 Aug 2021
  • Zowie!  That looks good when raw.

and it was very good cooked. I smoked on low for a couple of hours to an IT of 92°. then 325° to an IT of 163°. the vegtables were a little al Dente. probably should have smoked less and more at 325°.

Overall I'd say it was a success.   Thanks for the recipe.

overal t was a success
  • #37 by Maineac on 13 Aug 2021
  • and it was very good cooked. I smoked on low for a couple of hours to an IT of 92°. then 325° to an IT of 163°. the vegtables were a little al Dente. probably should have smoked less and more at 325°.

Overall I'd say it was a success.   Thanks for the recipe.
    Glad you liked it.  You might try sweating the veggies a little longer to fix that al dente.  I've never had that.  Thanks for trying it, Hugh, and posting your results.
  • #38 by bbqking01 on 21 Sep 2021
  • Now that’s a proper meatloaf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #39 by 1MoreFord on 22 Sep 2021
  • In all my attempts to clone one...This is the Jimmy Dean sausage recipe I have made that was closest for me.

16 ounces ground pork
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/4 teaspoon MSG (such as Accent Flavor Enhan

That's the copy cat I have too.  I don't know what all it's missing but it's missing sugar for sure which is OK with me since that's the reason I've moved on to Williams sausage.
Pages:
Actions