Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by glitchy on 24 Apr 2018
  • If anyone is looking for one, Walmart and Amazon both have the 36" stainless griddle for $259 right now. Not sure how long it lasts.
  • #2 by Th3Batman86 on 24 Apr 2018
  • I have the regular one, any good reason besides aesthetic to upgrade?
  • #3 by glitchy on 24 Apr 2018
  • Probably not would be my guess, I think they are the same grill otherwise.
  • #4 by pmillen on 24 Apr 2018
  • If you miss that deal, online you can get a 20% coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Their regular price is $344 for the 36" stainless.  The coupon makes it $275.  It's been this way for about a year so I don't foresee it changing soon.
  • #5 by yorkdude on 25 Apr 2018
  • I bought the 17” for 66.00 through the big online retailer, wanted to see quality etc plus figure it would compliment the Davey Crockett at the lake and decided its a decent griddle so I thought why not buy 2 more, the sale price for the 36” comes out to $7.19 an inch, the sale price for the 17” is $4.12. For about $200.00 I will have portability, flexibility regarding temps and redundancy plus 30% more griddle space . So 2 more are on order.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Apr 2018
  • I bought the 17” for 66.00 through the big online retailer, wanted to see quality etc plus figure it would compliment the Davey Crockett at the lake and decided its a decent griddle so I thought why not buy 2 more, the sale price for the 36” comes out to $7.19 an inch, the sale price for the 17” is $4.12. For about $200.00 I will have portability, flexibility regarding temps and redundancy plus 30% more griddle space . So 2 more are on order.

Do you have a way to connect more than one griddle to a propane tank or will you need one tank per griddle?
  • #7 by glitchy on 25 Apr 2018

I believe you'll have 10% more space, 24,000 less BTUs, and one less burner. However, it is hard to split a 36" griddle to keep in two places.
  • #8 by yorkdude on 25 Apr 2018
  • I am going to try and make a manifold which should be simple I think, not unlike a gas grill with side burners is how my mind is seeing it, not permanent though so they can also be used independently.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 25 Apr 2018
  • Not too worried about btus so far the little one gets plenty hot for what I want. As far as capacity I just did 51” versus 36”, either way I think it’s a better option for what I will do with them.
  • #10 by glitchy on 25 Apr 2018
  • Not too worried about btus so far the little one gets plenty hot for what I want. As far as capacity I just did 51” versus 36”, either way I think it’s a better option for what I will do with them.

Yep, I was just sharing that I came across a decent discount in case anyone happened to be waiting for a deal on this specific griddle and lots of users on here have been talking about them. It's not a perfect fit for everyone.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 25 Apr 2018

Yep, I was just sharing that I came across a decent discount in case anyone happened to be waiting for a deal on this specific griddle and lots of users on here have been talking about them. It's not a perfect fit for everyone.
    I appreciate your heads up, everyone talking about them got me interested. I truly was looking for the bigger one but had heard about the drain and then started comparing it to its competitors. I thought I could use the little one at the lake and it would give me the opportunity to see the general quality. Then I just started thinking about sometimes only needing a small one but also needed on occasion larger and this just seemed to make sense to me, time will tell.
  • #12 by glitchy on 25 Apr 2018
  • If you Google Blackstone grease mod, you'll find $15 fixes to the grease concern on Amazon, ebay, etc. I obviously haven't confirmed it personally, but looks pretty straightforward.
  • #13 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Apr 2018
  • I have the 17, the 28, and the 36. Although I am selling the 28 because I just don't use it. Thanks to this thread though I will probably be selling my 36 and buying a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine but it looks like they have redone the grease drain on the new ones. Oh well, all members of this forum I am sure understand the constant parade of things on the back porch. I have such an understanding wife.
  • #14 by pmillen on 25 Apr 2018
  • I have such an understanding wife.

Me, too.  We'll celebrate 54 years of marriage this summer, largely due to her understanding ability to forgive.
  • #15 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Apr 2018
  • I have such an understanding wife.

Me, too.  We'll celebrate 54 years of marriage this summer, largely due to her understanding ability to forgive.

Congratulations!! I will only be at 9 this year but these days and in my family that is a good run. In our immediately family we already hold the record with that number I think.
Pages:
Actions