All Things Considered > General Discussion--Food Related

The Dessert Thread...

(1/52) > >>

Bentley:
Hey, I figured if it was good enough for burgers, pizza and sandwiches...

I am not  big dessert person myself...But in the AA meetings I go to it has always been a way to celebrate another year of sobriety.  I go to a meeting where the person who usually makes the cakes is getting ready to celebrate either 8 or 9 years, so I am going to make something.  I tried last week to make a Dobos Tort.  I like the look of it as I searched the internet.  The one I made last week was a complete failure.  I have limited baking knowledge, strong in some areas, weak in others.  This recipe calls for egg whites, I foolishly thought I could get away with a very small amount of yolk in the whites and I was severely punished for thinking that, it was like a Very, very bad pancake...I digress!

So I decide today to work on just the cake portion of the tort.  Came out much better.  Kristin had some pineapple and strawberries and was going to make so nonsensical, made up dessert.  So I told her to let me have the filling she was working on to put between my layers of cake to see how this thing will look when we go with a 14 layer!  Below is an 8 layer version!

Not sure if I will stick with this cake recipe or just go back to a basic cake mix...and still not decided on filling...but getting closer on the cake portion made me happy!

Kristin Meredith:
I was not making a nonsensical dessert, I was making a fresh strawberry and pineapple fool (also known as an Eton Mess by our friends of British extraction).  I just stiffed it up a bit with some cream cheese and powdered sugar and it made a nice filling.

Trooper:

--- Quote from: Bentley on June 30, 2018, 06:53:38 PM ---I am not  big dessert person myself...

--- End quote ---

Ahh....Hello?!

Remember Jeffersonville?? Intense HEAT in the upper room where the desert was being assembled. My self directed assignment was to wipe the sweat from your face so it wouldn't drip into the finished dessert.
First place, as I recall

Kristin Meredith:
Yeah, but I made that winning dessert in Jeffersonville.  He just assembled it per my instructions. :pig:

Trooper:

--- Quote from: Kristin Meredith on June 30, 2018, 08:34:18 PM ---Yeah, but I made that winning dessert in Jeffersonville.  He just assembled it per my instructions. :pig:

--- End quote ---

I am indeed, very aware of those circumstances!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View