Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dozer996 on 04 Aug 2018
  • The cooker is in place but still need the stone finished next week...more pictures to come.
    Direct flame Flat Iron Steak tacos tonight, CookingPellets Perfect Mix.

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Aug 2018
  • nice cook
  • #3 by ZCZ on 04 Aug 2018
  • Great job on the steaks and welcome to THE TEAM! 

What was your buying process that led you to the Elite?

Al
  • #4 by dozer996 on 04 Aug 2018
  • Great job on the steaks and welcome to THE TEAM! 

What was your buying process that led you to the Elite?

Al

Wife wanted a cooker that could heat up fast for weekday cooks (sold my Komodo Kamado) and I didn’t want a gasser. Almost bought the Mak but she wanted a builtin island outside so here comes the project!!! Was between the Elite or Mak 3, ended up going Elite for the grilling features...gonna smoke some whole chickens tonight, more pictures coming.
  • #5 by ZCZ on 04 Aug 2018
  • It is truly a year-round cooking machine. Grill, oven & smoker all in one. It will hold temps tighter than your oven in your kitchen. If your wife likes to bake it does an awesome job with that.

Memphis is selling outdoor island stainless cabinets now to go with built-in Pros & Elites.
    Check with your dealer.

Al
  • #6 by dozer996 on 04 Aug 2018

• #7 by Canadian John on 05 Aug 2018

•  Very nice!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Aug 2018
  • Are those the au gratin potatoes from Sam's?  I love those things made on the smoker.
  • #9 by dozer996 on 05 Aug 2018
  • Are those the au gratin potatoes from Sam's?  I love those things made on the smoker.

Yes, from Costco...it was a great way to break in the cooker.
  • #10 by dozer996 on 10 Aug 2018
  • Got home early to throw on a couple Berkshire racks. Smoking at 225* for 3 hours unwrapped, then wrapping for 2 hours, and then back on to tighten up a bit.

Patio pics included too, project is complete.

• #11 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Aug 2018
  • Lovely outdoor area for cooking and entertaining!
  • #12 by yorkdude on 10 Aug 2018
  • Man, that is a very nice set up, congrats to many memory making adventures.
    NICE
  • #13 by WiPelletHead on 10 Aug 2018
  • Very nice set up.

I think the pellet cover can be reversed if it makes adding pellets any easier.
  • #14 by dozer996 on 10 Aug 2018
  • Thanks everyone, lot of work to get to this point. First low and slow, check out this smoke ring...ribs were amazing.

• #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Aug 2018
  • trying smoking those ribs at 275 for 3-3.5 hours next time.  i think you will get same tenderness and flavor and save you some time.
Pages:
Actions