Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MP09 on 27 Mar 2020
  • I see Blazin has a new color and a new searing capability. video is good.
  • #2 by keithj69 on 29 Mar 2020
  • I wonder what the "Additional Hopper-side Heat Shield" is about.
  • #3 by okie smokie on 29 Mar 2020
  • I wonder what the "Additional Hopper-side Heat Shield" is about.
    Blaz'n does not have a space or double wall on the hopper side and so the control console and hopper get very hot. I asked them if that was a problem when I had my Blaz'n and they said no.  But maybe they have had second thoughts about that. ?? I know that the face of my control module was often very hot. Solid state stuff does not like heat.
  • #4 by RWhyman on 16 Apr 2020
  • Has anyone tried out the direct sear 2 piece drip tray yet?

I think I'm going to give it a go to compare it to my Yoder.
  • #5 by MP09 on 16 Apr 2020
  • I'm very interested and i like the 3 shelf kit. Thinking of doing the upgrade.
  • #6 by keithj69 on 05 May 2020
  • There is a unboxing video on youtube for the kit now.  search for   "2020 Blaz'n Grill Works Direct Sear Kit for Grid Iron BBQ Grill"  uploaded May 3, 2020
  • #7 by RWhyman on 21 May 2020
  • So I got the Direct sear kit for my Grand Slam and did a test fire yesterday. I set the smoker to 495º and the Grill Grates clocked in at high 600º to low 700º. Tonight I did some burgers as a first run and they come out great. Nice grill marks and a fast cook. I think this will be a great option instead of firing up the big Yoder 640 when just doing a couple of burgers or steaks.

Sorry, I failed to get any photos
  • #8 by MP09 on 23 May 2020
  • Did you foil the drip tray? When time permits, some pics would be great and after a few cooks, your take on the overall value of this new sear option. It looks to be a winner and hopefully you can share your "testing" of this new option...
  • #9 by RWhyman on 23 May 2020
  • I did not foil the tray, but plan to when I do low and slow cooks with the fire pot cover in place. I cooked some bone in pork chops last night that turned out great with nice grill marks, but once again didn't think about a photo until I was half done eating. I'll try and do better with the photos.

The first time I did a cook, everything went fine but a shutoff, I got an E-1 error (Exceeded high temp). I had the smoker set at 495º. I talked to Blaz'n Grill and was told to use a temp of 400º. (Yes, I failed to read the instructions that said set at 400º)
    So last night I set the smoker at 400º and everything went as normal during shutdown and I still had temps on the grill grates of high 600º to low 700º.
  • #10 by MP09 on 25 May 2020
  • Good info. Look forward to pics.
Pages:
Actions