Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2020
  • I take a White Onion, (your favorite will do) and slice it on #7 setting of the Slicer.  I then saute that on a medium heat till caramelized, chopping with spatula as I saute. When the onions are 3/4 done,  I take the thin sliced beef (again your choice) from Restaurant Depot and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes, again, chopping with spatula as it cooks.  When the meat is close to done and is chopped to the consistency I like I add my spices. For 9 oz of raw beef I use:

1/2 tbsp Lawery's Seasoning Salt
    1/4 tbsp Onion powder
    1/4 tbsp garlic powder
    1/4 tbsp ground black pepper.

Right after working in the seasoning I apply Provolone put on bun, cover wit onions and eat! 

• #2 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2020
  • I have had Pat's, Geno's and Jim's in Philly.  I will put that sandwich up against any of those and win in a landslid!
  • #3 by Osborn Cox on 29 Jul 2020
  • Looks great!   I haven’t made those in a while, I like To add shredded lettuce, Sliced pepperoncini’s and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.    Mmmm
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jul 2020
  • Looks great!   I haven’t made those in a while, I like To add shredded lettuce, Sliced pepperoncini’s and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.    Mmmm

I have heard that w/ tomatoes and raw sliced onions referred to as a California cheese steak
  • #5 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2020
  • I would not be in the lettuce or pepperoncini’s camp on a cheese steak (be good on a sub), but the olive oil and red wine vinegar would probably enhance it.  It it kind of a dry sandwich with no real condiments, nothing like the Italian Beef, which I cant wait for!
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jul 2020
  • the california cheese steak usually has mayo
  • #7 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2020
  • I put a little on this one...I think some kind of A1 or Heinz 57 hybrid might be good!
  • #8 by yorkdude on 30 Jul 2020
  • That looks great.
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 30 Jul 2020
  • That cheesesteak looks great Bent.  Give me steak wiz wit from Jim's all day long too.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jul 2020
  • That cheesesteak looks great Bent.  Give me steak wiz wit from Jim's all day long too.

Jim's was better than Pat or Geno's IMO
  • #11 by Brushpopper on 31 Jul 2020
  • Man that looks good!!  I've got to learn how to do those on my Blackstone.  And many other things.  I'm not good at cooking on it yet.
  • #12 by Bentley on 31 Jul 2020
  • I can't imagine how easy it would be on a griddle!
Pages:
Actions