Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Us Your Gardens 2021  (Read 3613 times)

Jiggle Racing

• Using less gas.
    • some of my old pics
Re: Show Us Your Gardens 2021
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2021, 01:16:57 AM »

Got it from juice plus more than 5 years ago. It's amazing how fast things grow.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »

Blackberry's have been done for about a month, but man are the Raspberry's producing this year!  This is about 2lbs.  I think berries are normally sold as pints or quarts, so not sure how that equates.  The canes have to be picked about every 3-4 days and this is what they produce.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2021, 05:11:30 PM »

When I was a kid (in the 50's), I used to go around the neighborhood and sell them for 60 cents a quart.   ::)
We had 3 rows of bushes about 50-60' long.

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2021, 03:19:54 PM »

What size container are they in...that should tell how it equates...making raspberry preserves?
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2021, 03:22:58 PM »

I do not know the size if I had to guess I would say 4qt.  In Wal-mart today, 12oz was $5.59 and this is about 33oz by weight.  Not sure what to do with them.  Kristin has already made 7sts of Blackberry Jam and some Syrup.  I have already used the raspberries in 2 desserts, and made 5Qts of Jam.  There is another bag full like this in the freezer and there will probably be 4 more harvests like this, so not sure what we are going to do with them!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 03:31:25 PM by Bentley »

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2021, 05:04:22 PM »

They look awesome and bet they taste great.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2021, 06:25:42 PM »

You can make great snacks with them.
Put some peanut butter (assuming you like peanut butter) on a tortilla, sprinkle with raspberries (blueberries & strawberries also are good choices), roll up and enjoy.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »

... there will probably be 4 more harvests like this, so not sure what we are going to do with them!

I have seen in Costco at times they would sell a Raspberry Chipolte BBQ Sauce....maybe experiment with your chilis?
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2021, 03:27:47 PM »

I am ready for 2022 Gardening!   This is just an experiment for late Winter in a few months. We tried to start our own seedling last year, but did not know we need grow lights to stop the seedlings from becoming "leggy". So I have decide to plant 4 seeds and see what the optimal height will be so they do not get leggy. I have tomato, squash, snow pea & chili. I read up on it and found that florescent light were the best, then I go and buy LED not thinking. Then I do more research and find that the LED are also very good and produce less heat, so the light can be closer. Says it should be 12-18 inches, so the light will have to be raised once they germinate!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 04:01:56 PM by Bentley »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2021, 10:31:11 PM »

You, my friend, are a cross between McGyver and MythBusters.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »

I think the LED's are going to work well, and keep the seedings from becoming "leggy"!  The Snow Pea was a bad choice, although it germinated well and was so strong I had to clip it.  The beats have finally germinated.  They seem to be growing and the stalks strengthening instead of searching for that light.  I believe I planted a tomato and a chili in the other 2, but neither has germinated.  If you look at the container on the far right, I believe the thing that germinated there is a weed, yeah, I am really good at growing them.  But if you look just to the left of it you may see a stem.  Issue is, no flower at the top, so really strange.  Will see if what I think is a weed is really a weed in a few more days.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »

I'm starting to think about my 2022 garden and the timing.  There's a guy on YouTube with a site called the "Rusted Garden" that has a lot of good information on growing vegetables from seeds.  I learned a lot from his channel on making my first attempt at it successful this year. 

The timing this year is going to be interesting.  I have been putting off knee replacement surgery for years.  Both of my knees are shot.  My first one gets replaced in February.  Hopefully by April I'll be able to do the in ground planting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up