Pages:
Actions
  • #256 by ylr on 23 Oct 2021
  • No reason to have a burger if I can't have cheese on it.  For me, that would be like seeing Kiss do an acoustic concert, why go!

I'm almost the exact opposite, almost never eat cheese on a burger(Big Mac and Double Whopper w/cheese are the exceptions). Quite a few times over the years I've ordered a double with no cheese, only to get it with cheese. A PITA to take it back, but I do.

Beth acoustic would be OK...... ;)
  • #257 by Hank D Thoreau on 23 Oct 2021
  • No reason to have a burger if I can't have cheese on it.  For me, that would be like seeing Kiss do an acoustic concert, why go!

I'm almost the exact opposite, almost never eat cheese on a burger(Big Mac and Double Whopper w/cheese are the exceptions). Quite a few times over the years I've ordered a double with no cheese, only to get it with cheese. A PITA to take it back, but I do.

Beth acoustic would be OK...... ;)

The cheese goes on by reflex. I eat at a place with outdoor grills where I am constantly sent back to the end of the line when they instinctively put cheese on all the burgers on the grill.

Carl's Junior does not have a hamburger without cheese on their menu.

Second on my list is "no sour cream" on Mexican food. I used to eat at a place where I would have to watch the person making my burrito so I could stop them when they grabbed the sour cream bottle. It didn't matter how many times I reminded them. It is difficult to counteract muscle memory.
  • #258 by SmokinHandyman on 23 Oct 2021
  • A&W just came out with a 3/9ths burger
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMNqJQaf08E
  • #259 by ylr on 23 Oct 2021
  • A&W seems to be one of those chains that has to have good individual store management to be decent. In my experiences with them, that's been iffy.
  • #260 by Bentley on 23 Oct 2021
  • I did not know they were still in business!
  • #261 by Hank D Thoreau on 23 Oct 2021
  • A&W had the worse hamburgers (poppa, mamma, baby and teen burgers) when I used to go, though the frosty mugs are great.

• #262 by 02ebz06 on 24 Oct 2021
  • Used to get the Root Beer Floats. Can't do that any more. Too many calories and sugar.  :(
    There is a small store not to far away. They share the building with Long John Silver's.

Still drink the sugar-free A&W in the 16oz bottles. I like the fact that there is no caffeine in it.

• #263 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Nov 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #264 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Nov 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #265 by 02ebz06 on 01 Nov 2021
  • That's a good way to fill a hoagie roll; two burgers side-by-side.
    Looks very tasty.
  • #266 by yorkdude on 01 Nov 2021
  • Absolutely cooked perfectly. Nicely done.
  • #267 by Bentley on 02 Nov 2021
  • Looks like some tasty Mayo.  It is perfection on the center! What is my book is a perfect medium.
  • #268 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Nov 2021
  • Looks like some tasty Mayo.  It is perfection on the center! What is my book is a perfect medium.

I posted the mayo pic to give you a thought of mixing some of those smoked chipotles in with some regular mayo to make your own.  If not, I found it at Giant grocery store chain.  They might have them near you.  They carry a pretty wide selection of Boar's Head meats, cheese, and condiments.
  • #269 by Bentley on 02 Nov 2021
  • Good idea.  Soften in a little beef stock and I may have to even make homemade mayo for it!
  • #270 by Bentley on 04 Nov 2021
Pages:
Actions