Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by jdmessner on 06 Dec 2021
  • Having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. 3D printers are reproducing steaks and other cuts of meat.

https://bgr.com/science/actual-3d-printed-steaks-are-now-being-served-in-restaurants-heres-where/
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Dec 2021
  • The Star Trek replicators have arrived!!! :pig:
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Dec 2021
  • I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend about all of the technologies that were on the cartoon, The Jetsons, that are either used heavily today or are in development.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 07 Dec 2021
  • Honey, "I'd like a steak for dinner, will you print one for me" ?  ;D
  • #5 by Canadian John on 07 Dec 2021

•  Not for me, thank you.
  • #6 by Fire708 on 07 Dec 2021
  • I’d try them. My wife and I get beyond burgers and impossible burgers once in a while. We like them! We buy beef patties also, but the plant based ones are good. Just don’t expect an exact beef replacement because they are not.  I think that’s part of the problem, marketing pushes them as a beef replacement, consumers expect beef. If you don’t try to pretend they are beef and try them as a new type of grilled sandwich, you may like them.
  • #7 by ylr on 08 Dec 2021
  • A little too much creative engineering for my taste; however, one could claim the same for a Chicken McNugget..... ;)
  • #8 by Bentley on 08 Dec 2021
  • You must have a much broader definition of what a steak and meat is then me!    :pig:

...3D printers are reproducing steaks and other cuts of meat.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 08 Dec 2021
  • Not a chance in (way down south) would I even try it.
  • #10 by Bentley on 08 Dec 2021
  • I am sure I would try it, and even more sure I would like it.  But I am not going to a restaurant and paying a premium to do it.  I need to get to a point where I can make a choice like this for healthier living, I am just not sure that point will ever come!
Pages:
Actions