Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by JoeGrilling on 25 Jan 2022
  • My daughter got engaged in August 2019.  Three postponements later the wedding is happening this coming Saturday.  Her real wedding occurred on July 4th weekend this past year.  Life must go on in spite of Covid. 

This has been a tough 2 1/2 years for my daughter.  She was working in NYC during the initial outbreak.  Yup.  She got Covid but was asymptomatic.  Her employer had her go to work anyway even though she was a bit under the weather for a few days.  A week later her entire floor at work caught the disease and they shut her department down for six weeks.  She later confirmed she had Covid with 97% confidence from an antibody test.  My dad was a Spanish Flu survivor while living in Newark, NJ.  His younger brother did not make it.  I told my daughter that her survival may have been due to her grandfather's DNA.

Hopefully, we survive the weekend.  There will be more than 100 people at the wedding and around 55 people at the house on Friday for the rehearsal dinner.  Everyone coming to the wedding is vaccinated but still.....  It is going to be an interesting wedding.

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 25 Jan 2022
  • Seems to me, it should be "masks required" for that many people, vaccinated or not.
    Why risk it...    :2cents:
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Jan 2022
  • Wishing you, your daughter and all involved the best of luck and hope it is a wonderful day for all!
  • #4 by JoeGrilling on 25 Jan 2022
  • Seems to me, it should be "masks required" for that many people, vaccinated or not.
    Why risk it...    :2cents:

My wife has been stockpiling N95 masks and Covid tests.  This omicron surge has had us very worried.  One county north of us shutdown weddings last week.  The main Bay Area counties are not shutting down. 
  • #5 by JoeGrilling on 25 Jan 2022
  • Wishing you, your daughter and all involved the best of luck and hope it is a wonderful day for all!

Thanks Kristin.
  • #6 by ylr on 25 Jan 2022
  • Are you cooking for the rehearsal and/or the reception?
  • #7 by Bentley on 25 Jan 2022
  • Best Wishes to your daughter!
  • #8 by SmokinHandyman on 25 Jan 2022
  • Best wishes. It will be all good
  • #9 by yorkdude on 26 Jan 2022
  • Congratulations on a very special day for all.
  • #10 by jdmessner on 26 Jan 2022
  • I have officiated a few weddings during Covid times. I don't think there have been any instances of it spreading as a result of the service. I find that for these kinds of events people will respect mask protocol if asked, even if they don't personally agree with it.

Enjoy the day!!
  • #11 by urnmor on 26 Jan 2022
  • First and foremost congratulations on your Daughter's wedding.  I also understand the stress however do the best you can to place it in the back of your mind and just enjoy the day.
  • #12 by JoeGrilling on 26 Jan 2022
  • Thanks for all of the well wishes.  I'm not cooking for this one.  My knees are too shot for running around making food.  At least one of them gets replaced the end of February and I can't wait to schedule the second.  My wife hired a caterer for the rehearsal dinner and the venue is providing the reception dinner.     
  • #13 by Canadian John on 27 Jan 2022
  •  
     Let this glorious occasion be one of fond memories.
  • #14 by JoeGrilling on 30 Jan 2022
  • Survived!  What an event.  My daughter is an associated professor of veterinary medicine at an eastern college.  Her husband's hobby for years has been puppets. He found a puppeteer out of southern California to officiate the ceremony.  The puppeteer used a large hound dog puppet to officiate which tied in real well with my daughter's career.  Usually, weddings and the reception are pretty boring for kids.  The kids loved it.  He put a show on for the kids during the reception.         
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 30 Jan 2022
  • Congrats!!!  Glad it turned out OK.
Pages:
Actions