Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Mar 2022
  • Not much separation in scores amongst us yet.  Will see what the rest of the weekend brings.
  • #17 by jdmessner on 21 Mar 2022
  • It was a crazy weekend. I had Kentucky going to the final four. That wasn't a good pick, but in my defense I did have North Carolina over Baylor.

Am I really the only person that didn't pick Gonzaga to win it all?

• #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Mar 2022
  • good thing John played in this bracket so that I won't be in last place
  • #19 by reubenray on 25 Mar 2022
  • I don't follow basketball much, but I am rooting for my adopted state of Arkansas.
  • #20 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2022
  • You can official stick a fork in me.  Well, at least I learned that picking all #1's is not much better then rolling the dice!
  • #21 by jdmessner on 25 Mar 2022

You are welcome! However, the end result is usually the same for me whether I pick or not!! Actually I am playing on my wife's account as Sam. I am doing OK now, but my luck will probably not last! Hang in there, all is not lost.

I am surprised at the number of teams I thought would make a deeper run that are now long gone. I enjoy watching the tournament, but each year I am reminded that this really should be called a tournament championship and not a national championship. The best team in the nation rarely wins. It is the lucky hot team at the end of the year that wins. If they wanted a true national champion take all the division 1 regular season conference champions and put them in the tournament. If you don't win your conference, you don't get in. I would also get rid of conference tournaments. You could have a playoff if division winners didn't play each other or split in the regular season. Make the grind of the season count for something more!
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Mar 2022

You are welcome! However, the end result is usually the same for me whether I pick or not!! Actually I am playing on my wife's account as Sam. I am doing OK now, but my luck will probably not last! Hang in there, all is not lost.

I am surprised at the number of teams I thought would make a deeper run that are now long gone. I enjoy watching the tournament, but each year I am reminded that this really should be called a tournament championship and not a national championship. The best team in the nation rarely wins. It is the lucky hot team at the end of the year that wins. If they wanted a true national champion take all the division 1 regular season conference champions and put them in the tournament. If you don't win your conference, you don't get in. I would also get rid of conference tournaments. You could have a playoff if division winners didn't play each other or split in the regular season. Make the grind of the season count for something more!

You look like Sam will be the winner based on how many points you have potential to score the remainder of the tournament versus the rest of us.  You will finish first and last...hahaha.
  • #23 by Bentley on 27 Mar 2022
  • I believe this is the earliest I have ever been able to declare and congratulate a winner!  Way to go JD aka Sam!
  • #24 by jdmessner on 28 Mar 2022
  • Wow, I don't usually do well at these kinds of things, normally I lose. Oh, I guess I did that too!! I was looking forward to the prize package, but I am afraid I will need to decline. I don't think I can afford the taxes or insurance!

After watching clips from the Oscars last night I am convinced that Will Smith was merely auditioning for the lead in the movie: The Juan Howard Story!

Any guess as to how the Coach K story ends? He is the kind of guy you love to hate, but I for one would like to see him go out on top. If he does, it will be an impressive run of traditional powerhouses that he went through to get there. 
  • #25 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Mar 2022
  • Congrats JD.  Sorry you had to pass on the prize package. My uncles have a private air strip and you could have flown down for a visit! :pig:
  • #26 by RobertG on 05 Apr 2022
  • Congratulations JD.   It was a great tournament this year.
  • #27 by Bentley on 05 Apr 2022
  • Thanks every one for playing!
  • #28 by hughver on 06 Apr 2022
  • Thanks every one for playing!

Thank you for organizing it.
Pages:
Actions