Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 12 Feb 2024
  • Costco Choice, little one, about 11lbs.  Zero trim.  Seasoning Salt, Montréal Steak, Garlic & Onion Powder and Brown Sugar.  205° for the rest of the night and will see where she is when I get up in the morning!

• #2 by Bentley on 13 Feb 2024
  • I have not had a Burnt End sandwich in a long time.  It was the wrong bread, but Man was it good!

• #3 by WiPelletHead on 13 Feb 2024
  • Looks great. Brisket is so yummy when done right.
    Do you like BBQ sauce Bentley? If so I would like to send you some that a young local guy is making. I like it a lot and hope he does well with it. All I ask is that you do a review of it.
  • #4 by Bentley on 13 Feb 2024
  • I do, I find I lean towards it now days instead of when ketchup is normally used.  I will state up front I am a heavy molasses type BBQ sauce guy!
  • #5 by reubenray on 14 Feb 2024
  • That looks great Bentley.  I have never done a packer due to the fat trimming that has to be done.  Did this one have a lot of excess fat to cut off after you smoked it?
  • #6 by urnmor on 14 Feb 2024
  • If it tastes as good as it looks you definitively have a winner.
  • #7 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2024
  • I trimmed nothing before or after cook.  I am sure folks won't eat the fat, but I vac sealed it that way.  It is amazing how 14 hour cooked fat taste better then 12 minute cooked Steak Fat!  It was kind of a what you see is what you get look.

That looks great Bentley.  I have never done a packer due to the fat trimming that has to be done.  Did this one have a lot of excess fat to cut off after you smoked it?
  • #8 by pmillen on 14 Feb 2024
  • I have this feeling that you didn't wrap it.

Did you?
  • #9 by yorkdude on 14 Feb 2024
  • I trimmed nothing before or after cook.  I am sure folks won't eat the fat, but I vac sealed it that way.  It is amazing how 14 hour cooked fat taste better then 12 minute cooked Steak Fat!  It was kind of a what you see is what you get look.

That looks great Bentley.  I have never done a packer due to the fat trimming that has to be done.  Did this one have a lot of excess fat to cut off after you smoked it?
    I absolutely love fat in beef. My fork goes straight to it.
  • #10 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2024
  • I did, but you just made me realize I am such a creature of habit!  I bought butcher paper in a HEB in College Station and said I was gonna try it with this Brisket and completely forgot.  I put this one in the steam tray pan covered with aluminum foil for the last 2 hours till 208°!

I have this feeling that you didn't wrap it.

Did you?
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Feb 2024
  • butcher paper may not be for you as it does keep the bark more firm than in a pan but not as firm as if you didn't wrap at all
  • #12 by ZCZ on 21 Feb 2024
  • Great looking brisket Bentley!  I have not done one in a long, long time.  Closest think was Tri Tip that I cooked like a brisket.  Came out pretty good.
Pages:
Actions