Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PG500...  (Read 2491 times)

PelletHawkeye

Re: New PG500...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »

Everyone I am sorry I did not intend to bash Cookshack in this situation. I truly was just trying to find out of that was normal on a brand new unit and should have waited to hear from Cookshack before posting anything.

So far they have been awesome and intend to make it right. My dealings with them have been 100% positive. As a consumer on this board I want to know how companies interact with their customers. Either way I will keep the cooker and enjoy the heck out of it.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »

PelletHawkeye, I did not think you were bashing anyone.  You had a legitimate complaint and I took it that you were just trying to ascertain whether you were right in being a bit upset at the condition of the pit.  That is all legit.  And it is even legit to let folks know that you contacted the manufacturer and they are responding positively to you.  And, it is even ok to let us know if your concerns have been adequately addressed.  I just don't want it to go beyond that.  And I appreciate that both you and Canadian John have been sensitive to my concerns.  Thanks.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »

Good!  And I will be honest with you, not to discount things, but I do not believe we are a blib on the radar of Any Manufacture!  I doubt any look in on this site except Chris from Cookinpellets!

I don't feel picked on..You are 100% right; things got a little too far.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »

My new unit has the exact same scratches. I did not get pictures prior to use.
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »

Another picture of inside of the door.
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

PelletHawkeye

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »

I just wanted to follow up with everyone after my interaction with Cookshack. As I previously stated I sent pictures to Karen from Cookshack. She immediately acknowledged this was not standard and that she would follow up with me today to make it right. What she told me is they do sell a few "factory seconds" that would have similar damage plus maybe some cosmetic damage on the outside which mine did not. They sell those at a discounted rate.

Karen emailed me today and gave me a couple of options (discounted rate on the unit vs a couple of add ons at no charge). I won't go into the specifics but lets just say I am more than pleased at the customer service she and Cookshack have provided. I was willing to accept the scratches and realize they will never been seen again after a few cooks but at the same time wanted didn't feel 100% happy after dropping a lot of money.

At the end of the day I am glad that I spoke up and addressed the issue with Cookshack and Pelletfan vs keeping my mouth shut and always having that nagging feeling that I should have said something. I 100% can recommend this company and cannot wait to get cooking on my new PG500. Thanks everyone that had input it is much appreciated.

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »

Good to hear, great customer service.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »