Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2017
  • Hard Boil the eggs.  I only had 7 and one ended up being bad.  I had 21 ounces of homemade sage breakfast sausage, so that is what I used. 

• #2 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2017
  • About 3oz. per egg, just eyed it!  Spread out, then wrap and shape. 

• #3 by pmillen on 05 Nov 2017
  • That's one of the first things I cooked when my PG500 was new a few years ago.  I had forgotten about them.

Thanks for the reminder.

I await the rest of this thread with time and temperature.
  • #4 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2017
  • Made a rub from brown sugar, salt, seasoning salt, white pepper, cayenne, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Roll the eggs and cook at 325° for about 30 minutes.

• #5 by Bentley on 05 Nov 2017
  • Not to bad!  Wish I had the talent or a form to make them more uniform and attractive.  Also not sure how you would serve them.  Do you often have appetizers before breakfast?

I guess you could have a Scotch Egg Benedict, or have it on a muffin or biscuit.  If I did that, that is when sous vide would be appropriate to cook the egg to where the yolk was juuussst staying together.

• #6 by Quadman750 on 06 Nov 2017
  • Those look darn tasty, I have always wanted to try these.
  • #7 by pmillen on 06 Nov 2017
  • Also not sure how you would serve them.

I served them to houseguests just like that along with cottage fries, toast, OJ and strong Kona coffee.  Everyone seemed happy.

We would have eaten those.
  • #8 by Canadian John on 06 Nov 2017
  •  What kind of bird lays Scotch Eggs??

Disregard the above!

Looks good. Nice photos..It is now on my to do list.
  • #9 by triplebq on 06 Nov 2017
  • Not a big egg person anymore but these look delish. Nice job.
  • #10 by cookingjnj on 06 Nov 2017
  • Looks yummy.  Like CJ, added to my list as well.
  • #11 by StevenM on 06 Nov 2017
  • Nice

I need to give these a go
    • StevenM
  • #12 by Bentley on 06 Nov 2017
  • I have not made them in so long!  It was Booga2 from Smoke Fire & Food that inspired me...his make mine look like dog food!

Nice

I need to give these a go
  • #13 by reubenray on 06 Nov 2017
  • Who needs anything else to eat with them.  I love to eat hard boiled eggs by themselves.  These look very tasty and I need to do some of them.
  • #14 by Darwin on 06 Nov 2017
  • Bentley the last one looks awesome!  I love a soft boiled egg, just hate that they come with the white part.  Mr. Ronco help me out with that.   ;)
  • #15 by Bentley on 06 Nov 2017
  • That was Booga2's from Smoke Fire & Food.  I am gonna guess those were sous vide...And a much higher quality of egg then my .37¢/dozen eggs!

Bentley the last one looks awesome!
Pages:
Actions