Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke 'em if you got em! Let's see your FEC and Cookshack favorite's  (Read 6660 times)

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
Re: Smoke 'em if you got em! Let's see your FEC and Cookshack favorite's
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 12:36:58 PM »

Great photos!  Does anyone have the Baby Back by Fast Eddy's Way they could share?  The pictures of those ribs look awesome!  I am planning to do some ribs this afternoon and would love to try that method.
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »

I found this on the Cookshack site.  I hope it is okay for me to post this.  If not- I will delete.  Is this what everyone is talking about with the Fast Eddy's method?

"Fast Eddy's Rib Rub
Ingredients

½ cup white sugar
¼ cup Hungarian paprika
¼ cup Lawry’s seasoning salt
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoons allspice
1 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoons onion salt
1 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of celery seed
3 slabs baby back ribs
1 cup brown sugar Rib Glaze
18-oz bottle of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup of purified water
Instructions

Peel the membrane off the back side of the ribs.

Rub the slabs with brown sugar and refrigerate overnight.

Mix all the rub ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then rub ribs 30 minutes before smoking.

Place pork ribs in an indirect smoker at 275°F for about 3 hrs. or untill the meat starts to separate when picked up in the middle of the rack.

Mix ingredients of glaze together and put in a foil pan and place in smoker for 3 hrs.

Brush glaze on both sides of ribs and allow to set in smoker for another 10 minutes.

Plate them and watch them vanish."
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »

I can guarantee you that if there had been a drawing for a Cookshack Charbroiler on Pelletheads, I would have won!

TripleBQ,

Did you win that Charbroiler in the Pelletheads raffle a few years back. Is that the one?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

I recall there being a drawing also because I think I wanted to enter it and Bentley told me I couldn't, that it would be too suspicious if I won.

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »

Triplebq has the dream setup there... FEC120, CB036... I'm drooling over the equipment, more then the food. ( food looks absolutely wonderful too )
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »

Great photos!  Does anyone have the Baby Back by Fast Eddy's Way they could share?  The pictures of those ribs look awesome!  I am planning to do some ribs this afternoon and would love to try that method.
I've done that cook over and over with large racks of baby backs and there's been almost zero deviation in the results and it's so simple.

275* is the setting start to finish, no foil just place them on zone 4 let your PG 500 work it's magic. For me, using large racks of baby backs packed by Smithfield are ready at the 4:15 mark every time and I sauce them then 6-8 more minutes so the sauce takes a set. I would say a properly trimmed Saint Louis style rack would be right on the money in that time frame as well.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even check them anymore after doing a dozen rounds or so of them, in they go at 275* and I don't open the lid until 4:15 minutes later they are fantastic every time with the only exception being a few smaller racks that I pulled at 3:45 minutes and let the warming drawer do it's thing while the larger ones finished.

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

Triplebq has the dream setup there... FEC120, CB036... I'm drooling over the equipment, more then the food. ( food looks absolutely wonderful too )

Thanks everyone. No I did not win the Charbroiler last year but I tried  ;D. I was lucky and found both the FEC-120 and CB036 off Craiglist. The FEC-120 was almost new. The Charbroiler was a little rough but after cleaning it up it is running like a champ. I  added the lid, Cookshack sticker on the front, and an igniter rod.

I started with a PG500 but needed more size. I guess the FEC-120 and CB036 is my supersize PG500.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »

I posted the original 2013 recipe in the Pork Recipe section August 30th.  Here it is ➜ click.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 08:50:20 PM »

That charbroiler is nice.  I can't believe it is only $1k less for the 24in vs the 36in and $1k more for 48in vs 36in.  Would like to have one of those but I would have to sell several other grills for a good price to be able to buy it or my wife would kill me.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »

That charbroiler is nice.  I can't believe it is only $1k less for the 24in vs the 36in and $1k more for 48in vs 36in.  Would like to have one of those but I would have to sell several other grills for a good price to be able to buy it or my wife would kill me.

The best advice I can give is keep an eye out on Craiglist or Ebay. They come up used ever now and then.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 10:25:49 PM »

The best advice I can give is keep an eye out on Craiglist or Ebay. They come up used ever now and then.
There's an FEC 120 on Washington DC / Maryland Craigslist right now sub 3K, if only I was closer!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »

If it was a Charbroiler I would go look at it!

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »

Fast Eddy's ribs with baked beans & macaroni with cheese for tonight's supper, all cooked on the PG 500. These are the leftovers, I figured four racks was just right for four people but everyone seems fat and happy right now with a smile on their face so tomorrow's lunch is a done deal. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »

I know there are guests that come on here, probably for maybe just one visit.  Were here maybe for something completely unrelated and need some info.  They see a picture like this and think...man...I just paid $25 for a rack of BB ribs at X restaurant and they did not look anywhere near as good as them!

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 08:27:52 AM »

The best part is I have a source for those baby back's @ $2.35 a pound for single wrapped racks in case quantities, $25.00 covered the cost of all four racks and the sides.

We enjoy entertaining at home far more these days than eating out, and having this FEPG on hand makes doing so much easier it's a huge time saver that pretty much takes care of itself until supper is ready to serve when BBQ is on the menu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up