Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1442 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Thank You
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »

In starting a new forum, there are certain costs and technical problems you encounter and you learn a lot about things that are and are not included in the "packages" you buy to get a forum up and running.  One of the things we learned that was not included was security for the site.  You needed to purchase it separately and we were surprised at the number of sites that aren't secure.  We decided that the cost was worth the peace of mind.  So we went that direction and Bent has posted to let all of you know that this is a secure site.  But I would like to go one step further and acknowledge a couple of folks who really helped make it happen.

Cookinpellets.com and Chris Becker are underwriting the security costs for the first year.  I don't think Chris wanted any acknowledgement, he just supports Bentley and what he is trying to do and wanted to assist -- and that makes me want to acknowledge and thank him even more.  So thanks Chris and www.cookinpellets.com.

In addition, we could not have gotten the security installed if it were not for the technical skills and assistance of LowSlowFoShow.  Truly, Bentley tried and was on the phone with folks and just could not make it happen.   LSFS has dedicated countless hours to securing this site and also working on numerous issues and done it gratis. It is a lot of behind the scene work that is not so glamorous, but critical to the site.

We are so thankful and happy for all the support all of you have shown, but I did want to acknowledge these two as "first among equals".  The pellet community really does have some really fine people.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:35:55 PM by Bentley »

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »

Tomorrow, when I'm reading this site, I'm going to hoist a beer to Chris and LSFS.  I don't know which way(s) to face so I'll just spin.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »

www.Cookinpellets.com and Chris Becker are underwriting, sponsoring...lets cut to the chase.  I used the money he gave to pay for ALL of  the hosting and the SSL security for 1 year, and there is more left over, so he maybe bringing it to you in year 2 also!  That is pretty big...And yes, he basically blew me off when I told him I was trying to figure out how to acknowledge it...was like, don't worry about dude.  And it was that sincere, not that phoney stuff like me.

Adam, aka LowSlowFoShow, aka LSFS, aka the reason why this site is running smoothly...You would not be able to log in, you would not be able to retrieve lost password, you would not be able to post pictures...yeah, I think you get the picture...

So LSFS, now you know why I wanted to learn how to do the top stuff and add text and pictures/logo in there.  I wanted to do what Kristin has done here but I wanted it more pronounced and I wanted it as a surprise!  So much for that happening...but I am getting there, I have posts out on the SMF forums and I would think that by 2020 I should have it!

Cookinpellets and Chris Becker are underwriting the security costs for the first year.  I don't think Chris wanted any acknowledgement, he just supports Bentley and what he is trying to do and wanted to assist -- and that makes me want to acknowledge and thank him even more.  So thanks Chris and www.cookinpellets.com.

In addition, we could not have gotten the security installed if it were not for the technical skills and assistance of LowSlowFoShow. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:43:07 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Queball

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 07:33:55 AM »

To LSFS a big thank you for your hard work . The "photo attachment" is fabulous and will definitely bring in more contributor's cooks to the site who are technical "jugheads" like me. ...... To Chris Becker also a big shout out. Your Hickory and Perfect Mix have been my go to pellet in my PG for quite a while now. Needless to say, through this financial gesture on your part, they will always continue be so. Thank You! 

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »

many thanks to those involved in building and maintaining our new home
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »

Yes, Thank you to everyone making pelletfan happen, I am honored to be a part of this site as it grows... riverrat49
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »

A new site is so exciting.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »

Thanks to LSFS and Chris for helping all of us PELLETFANS ! Chris your pellets are the "GO TO" PELLETS FOR CONSISTENT RESULTS. Thanks again from a fellow Pelletfan...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »

Many thanks to all who made this happen, I just looked up the dealer directory for Cookinpellets and there's one half an hour from me so I'll head that way and make it rain come time to resupply my hickory.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 11:15:59 PM »

Ohh, another ATTA Boy then, thats 2 tonight!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:45:00 PM by Bentley »

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »

Thanks for all the help gents.  :pig:
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »

Yes, thanks to everyone involved.
If there is additional costs involved I would like to donate and am sure others would to.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »

Yes, thanks to everyone involved.
If there is additional costs involved I would like to donate and am sure others would to.

+1

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07:07 AM »

Thank you both...and as Vito once said...Someday, and that day may never come, I will call on you to do a service for me, but until that day...

But truly thank you!

zephyr

• Using less gas.
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 01:23:55 AM »

Thanks to everyone involved!   :clap:        .............................   ZEP
><> Titus 3:2-7 <><           [M2SG]  [UDS] [36X19 Phantom Downdraft]   [Karubecue C-60 Downdraft]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up