Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

Looking to Replace My PG500

(1/5) > >>

AZRaptor:
I love my Cookshack PG500 and have cooked on it a lot over the last couple years, but the small capacity is really starting to bother me. I often cook both a full packet brisket along with multiple racks of ribs which means I need to use my stick burner, which I don't mind at all, but I don't always have the time to tend the fire, so I want to look at alternative pellet smokers.

I originally looked at RecTec, GMG and Yoder before coming across the PG500 on my local Craigslist. I'm open to other brands, but I was good build quality and the ability to cook a whole packer brisket with either a couple butts or 4-6 racks of ribs. Who builds a decent pellet smoker with tons of space?

ArborAgent:
on my Blaz'n Grand Slam with pro shelves, I routinely cook:
 a full packer
3 racks of ribs
a mix of sausage and beef ribs.

If you want a lot of space, get the Gridiron with the pro shelves.

Remember, this is the 24" Grand Slam. The Gridiron is a foot wider.

Quadman750:
What is your budget.

triplebq:
I went from a PG500 to a YS640 (loved it). I now have a Grid Iron with Pro Shelves and love it also. If space is your biggest concern I would recommend looking at a Blaz'n.

jacksdad:
Why switch from Yoder to the blazn?  They appear similar but for thicker metal on the Yoder. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View