Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2017
  • About 2 years ago I updated one of my Daniel Boones with the wi-fi board. It behaved perfect for about a year and now it runs temps literally all over the map. Last 2 times it just kept dumping pellets and went way high. Had to unplug and extinguish with water. Anyone else have a similar problem?
    I keep them clean and always do the proper shut down????
  • #2 by Brushpopper on 13 Nov 2017
  • I've never heard of that problem, here or on pelletheads.  Have you tried calling GMG customer service?  They are very helpful.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2017
  • I have not on this problem but I have on one other. Yes they are very helpful and I plan on calling them but thought I would ask here also.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2017
  • Just got off the phone with Rick @ GMG. Learned something new. If you hold the temp up button for 10 seconds upon startup it shuts off the auger and ignitor and will bring on the hopper fan as well as the combustion fan, it should anyway. Hopper fan came on but not the combustion fan. Somehow some pellets??  had gotten into it. No idea how but going to find out. OUTSTANDING customer support. Super nice guy and incredibly helpful.
  • #5 by hughver on 13 Nov 2017
  • If you hold the temp up button for 10 seconds upon startup it shuts off the auger and ignitor and will bring on the hopper fan as well as the combustion fan.

Is the purpose of this feature to allow cold smoking? Did they say whether this applied to the DC as well?
  • #6 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2017
  • I really don't know if that could be done, I do know that it will confirm whether both fans work. I am answering your cold smoke question. I let both fans run for about 10 minutes and they never quit. Not sure how long you can do it. I will from now on confirm that both are working though prior to starting them. Neat trick I think and solved my puzzle.
  • #7 by SmokinPete55 on 13 Nov 2017
  • wow if they'll just stay running like that how cool would that be :)     pouring rain right now but i'll try it tomorrow .
    • SmokinPete55
  • #8 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2017
  • You would have to ask them. I can tell you that I did what Rick said and it did exactly as he said. How long you can do it I don't know. Learn something new everyday.
  • #9 by WayneB on 14 Nov 2017
  • If you hold the temp up button for 10 seconds upon startup it shuts off the auger and ignitor and will bring on the hopper fan as well as the combustion fan.

Is the purpose of this feature to allow cold smoking? Did they say whether this applied to the DC as well?

It's how you restart after a shut down during a cook so you don't have to wait for it to go through all 4 steps on start up.
  • #10 by Canadian John on 15 Nov 2017
  •  WOW! the wonderful world of electronics!  So glad I am an OLD and simple person.. Just love sitting back (retired) and ENJOYING the pit. I find watching the smoke most relaxing!!!
Pages:
Actions