Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by sbryant24 on 13 Nov 2017
  • New product on sale 11/17

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Quadman750 on 13 Nov 2017
  • Now that’s different. How much?
  • #3 by DaisyCutter on 13 Nov 2017
  • Looks to be $399 shipped. Kind of a strange offering, but it looks to be a more "open flame" grill. Interesting.
  • #4 by Bentley on 13 Nov 2017
  • The Weber Kettle is Icon it, so I get that.  But I have never understood why you would want a circular grill from a grill area stand point?  The Wood Master D 400 was one of the finest Pellet units I have ever Performance Tested, but I think the circular grill hurt it.  But maybe they are looking to capitalize on a perceived market? Or if it truly is just a grill, maybe that and they are tiring to get there pricing down to compete with the GMG products!
  • #5 by Quadman750 on 13 Nov 2017
  • A round grill doesn’t make a lot of sense maybe other than cooking a pizza. Maybe it circulates the heat better.
  • #6 by SmokinPete55 on 13 Nov 2017
  • A round grill doesn’t make a lot of sense maybe other than cooking a pizza. Maybe it circulates the heat better.

you've obviously never owned a weber kettle !     
    • SmokinPete55
  • #7 by Quadman750 on 13 Nov 2017

you've obviously never owned a weber kettle !   

I’m talking more about the shape for cooking, look at my signature
  • #8 by lamrith on 13 Nov 2017
  • I love my 680, but one thing I have had "issue" with was how long it takes to get toe max temp.  90% of my cooking is hot/fast, so I was looking at getting a mini then the discontinued. 

This new setup has me really intrigued.  I am hoping we get some vids soon showing how it does for sear marks and/or they will have grill grates for it. 

Round has been the go to for grilling for ages, as mentioned, think Weber kettle, probably the most iconic grill around here in the US, and for simple reason they work.  I am betting as mentioned it has to do with the round shape and good heat distribution.  This to me combined with Lumberjack Charhickory pellets could be a real winner.
  • #9 by Bobitis on 13 Nov 2017
  • I'm not seeing any exhaust port(s) or drip tray. Many of the 'bragging rights' don't seem too well thought out.
    I'll wait for some others to beta test it.  :bbq:
  • #10 by Quadman750 on 13 Nov 2017
  • I think it would be a great cooker for a brisket or pork butt or Pizza. I think I would use it a lot for that, but ribs not so much as I cook usually 6 racks at a time. If it is light enough it might be a great grill to throw in the back of the truck for camping. I’m thinking it will heat up pretty quick.
  • #11 by Quadman750 on 13 Nov 2017
  • I'm not seeing any exhaust port(s) or drip tray. Many of the 'bragging rights' don't seem too well thought out.

I watched a you tube video & there are exhaust vents in the back of the lid,looks like no drip tray that I can see, it looks like it has a heat diffuser with holes under the cooking grates. Not sure what the burn pot is like or how easy it is to clean out.
  • #12 by Bobitis on 13 Nov 2017

I watched a you tube video & there are exhaust vents in the back of the lid,looks like no drip tray that I can see, it looks like it has a heat diffuser with holes under the cooking grates. Not sure what the burn pot is like or how easy it is to clean out.

Thank you for the tip. I found a vid that shows some vents in the back, but they appear much too small for low and slow cooking. At least to my experience. I could plug 50% of the exhaust on my Jr and still have more flow that that. They'd probably work fine for grilling as the lid isn't closed for any appreciable amount of time. I could easily see trying 180 for a couple hrs and that thing flaming out or burning up.

So the conundrum is... Do you get a dedicated pellet fueled grill vs charcoal? That's gonna be a hard sell all things given. I just don't see this as a low and slow device. I've been wrong before.

• #13 by triplebq on 13 Nov 2017
  • I like it. Could be a nice grill.
  • #14 by Bentley on 13 Nov 2017
  • Gonna assume you mean they were discontinued?  If that is the case, this makes much more sense and pricing is in line with Davy Crockett, a little more, no wifi either!

...so I was looking at getting a mini then the discontinued. 
  • #15 by Bentley on 13 Nov 2017
  • We are always looking to get data for members and do Performance Testing...so we are ready when ever RecTec is...

This new setup has me really intrigued.  I am hoping we get some vids soon showing how it does for sear marks and/or they will have grill grates for it. 
Pages:
Actions