Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Ross77 on 13 Nov 2017
  • That's an interesting design for a pellet grill.  I wonder how well it would work for low and slow with that diffuser full of holes.  I'd get it strictly for grilling I think.  I'll wait for some reviews.
  • #17 by lamrith on 14 Nov 2017
  • I know they say this Bullseye is low-n-slow to grilling, but like others I am not sure about that given the issues already mentioned.  If I were to buy one it would be as a companion to my 680 or more realistically partial replacement since most of my cooking is hot and fast grilling.  I could use a propane for hot grilling but I use my 680 because we can taste a difference between propane and wood fired grilling, so we have not used the propane grill in 3yrs+.

Gonna assume you mean they were discontinued?  If that is the case, this makes much more sense and pricing is in line with Davy Crockett, a little more, no wifi either!

...so I was looking at getting a mini then the discontinued. 
    Yes.  Right now the RT300 aka RecTec Mini is discontinued and not available.  Apparently they have upgrades to the mini being rolled out in the next few months. 

• #18 by Ross77 on 14 Nov 2017
  • Same here. I haven’t touched my Weber gasser since buying the RT-680.

The Grill Grates help on the 680 but a faster initial heat up would be nice.
  • #19 by GrillinGlen on 14 Nov 2017
  • depending on the amount of grilling space i would consider it for a dedicated open flame griller.  My Memphis Pro open flame does a great job but it only can do 4 burger patties at a time.  I'm keeping my eye on it.  Is Rec tech one that has dealers or is it all direct?
  • #20 by ArborAgent on 14 Nov 2017
  • depending on the amount of grilling space i would consider it for a dedicated open flame griller.  My Memphis Pro open flame does a great job but it only can do 4 burger patties at a time.  I'm keeping my eye on it.  Is Rec tech one that has dealers or is it all direct?

Only direct.
  • #21 by Ross77 on 14 Nov 2017
  • They claim you can fit 25 burgers.
  • #22 by lamrith on 14 Nov 2017
    I called in on that very issue.  Grate is approx 20" diameter.  They also have plans to eventually release grill grates for it, but sounded like that is a few months out.  Apparently they have lots of new things being released in the coming months.
  • #23 by Ross77 on 14 Nov 2017
  • Hopefully WiFi for the RT680.
  • #24 by Bobitis on 14 Nov 2017
    I called in on that very issue.  Grate is approx 20" diameter.  They also have plans to eventually release grill grates for it, but sounded like that is a few months out.  Apparently they have lots of new things being released in the coming months.

Not to be nitpicking...

The 20" grate comes out to 315 sq inches of cooking area. Not the 380 they claim based on the OD of the lid. That's a substantial 17% difference. Grill Grates will make you a set for a price if they don't already have something comparable.

Competition is always a good thing for the consumer.  :pig:
  • #25 by Bentley on 14 Nov 2017
  • #26 by Ross77 on 14 Nov 2017
  • The RT-680 isn't shipping until 11/27.  It's not clear if they made any changes.
  • #27 by Big Orange Q on 15 Nov 2017
  • I think this could be a great addition to their line up. So many folks are looking for direct flame cooking with their pellet grill, and I am betting RT didn’t want to redesign their drip tray on the 680. I almost bought the 680 a few years ago, but went with the PG 500 for direct grilling.
    • Big Orange Q
  • #28 by Ross77 on 15 Nov 2017
  • It’s a solid price considering it includes shipping. The shipping cost for their Mini is what kept me from buying it.
  • #29 by lamrith on 15 Nov 2017
  • Very interesting. Wonder how big it is?  Weight, height, etc?  Can be broken down easily?  I️ really want a pellet grill for the toy hauler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would not consider this one easy to breakdown.  there is no "quick dissasembly" built into it.  consider it the size of a classic weber kettle plus a hopper hanging of the side..

That said stay tuned, they have a new unit designed around tailgating/RV use on the way.  I have no details other than they have it in the works and they are releasing a number of accys and grills over the next few months..
  • #30 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2017
  • Looks good on Youtube.  Waiting until Bentley gets one to test.  Will be interesting to see how the drippings are handled without charcoal to burn them up.  Are the grill grates sturdy?  etc. etc.  Overall tho' looks to be a popular item.   :clap: :bbq:
Pages:
Actions