Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yoder upgrades or mods?  (Read 5096 times)

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
Yoder upgrades or mods?
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »

Running a YS640 with comp cart. Do any of you have any recommendations or mods or upgrades to get the most of my this beast?
I bought the two piece diffuser.
Hoping Santa brings me the grill grates.
And I might go for the expanded metal shelves for the bottom (just because the look much cooler). Any input on this?

has anyone done anything else? What about the gasket kits?
YS640 Competition, Primo Oval XL, Blackstone 28, Backwoods Fatboy, Weber E310, Chargriller Akorn, Pitboss 700Fb  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
Re: Yoder upgrades or mods?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »

Nomex heat tape 1"wide Amazon for door and around smokestack.

1/2 top shelf, I like mine, easier...

Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »

You put the nomex where on the smoke stack?
YS640 Competition, Primo Oval XL, Blackstone 28, Backwoods Fatboy, Weber E310, Chargriller Akorn, Pitboss 700Fb  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:25 PM »

Around the part right next to when it lays flush with the inside of the chamber.  Like a gasket.  Over time you can get grease drip from the stack, about 1/2" from the side of the smoker wall.  It makes a bad stain on concrete.  Every year I like to take my smoke stack off and clean the inside.  It really builds up over time.
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:42:27 AM »

Thanks, that sounds like a good tip.

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »

If you do any mods, let us know your thoughts.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

Completed a few mods today on the YS640. I applied some silicone on the inside drip rail, to hopefully reduce dripping down the front during cooks.

Also installed the gasket kit around the lid to seal it up a bit more. I will probably attempt to find some more gasket material to put around the smoke stack.

Upgraded my firmware from u28 to u29. What an easy process. Yoder customer service was very helpful. Shout out to Dustin.

Haven’t cooked on it yet since the changes, as I’m waiting for everything to cure. Hoping it makes a great cooker even better. Next, I’ll install the new probe port, as I have the old style. Not crazy about putting another hole in my Yoder, but I need space for some more probes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up