Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Brushpopper on 15 Nov 2017
  • Does anyone know approximately how many pounds of beef I could get in my DB to make some jerky?  I have the GMG front shelf that's going to be used inside as a second shelf.  I'm trying to figure out how much meat I need.
  • #2 by Jon515 on 15 Nov 2017
  • Last time I did jerky I made. 15lbs in my DB, but I have a BR6 in mine.  Hope that helps a little.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 15 Nov 2017
  •  I would think that would depend on shelf space.. Are you dealing with additional shelves?   If you could somehow jerry- rig extra shelves the  amount would would rise exponentialy.
  • #4 by Old Smokey on 15 Nov 2017
  • I can get about 2 pounds on using these racks. I got them on amazon.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by Brushpopper on 16 Nov 2017
  • I can get about 2 pounds on using these racks. I got them on amazon.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I have some similar to those I might be able to use.  I'd forgotten we had them.  Thanks!
  • #6 by Conumdrum on 16 Nov 2017
  • Don't know how high the inside of your smoker is. 

Because:  This is how I do mine now.  Paperclips are great.  Boil them first, never know if someone was picking their nose!

That's 5 lbs there.  I started using pork loin, just as good and cheaper.

• #7 by Brushpopper on 16 Nov 2017
  • Don't know how high the inside of your smoker is. 

Because:  This is how I do mine now.  Paperclips are great.  Boil them first, never know if someone was picking their nose!

That's 5 lbs there.  I started using pork loin, just as good and cheaper.

That's an excellent idea!  It's tall enough to do that I think.  Now I just have to figure out what to hang to or make my second shelf adjustable to where it'll go higher than what it is.  I love the ideas shared here!!
  • #8 by MikeV on 03 Dec 2017
  •  i made up some trays and  did this, it wasnt a lot of jerky in the end as you can see,  the mat under the jerky worked well...the trays i MacGyvered up where weber small grills and  some SS bolts/nuts,  they work well

cheers
    Mike
    • MikeV
  • #9 by Brushpopper on 03 Dec 2017
  • i made up some trays and  did this, it wasnt a lot of jerky in the end as you can see,  the mat under the jerky worked well...the trays i MacGyvered up where weber small grills and  some SS bolts/nuts,  they work well

cheers
    Mike

I installed my factory front shelf with the folding supports inside a few days ago, so I can do something like you did.  I couldn't find SS bolts that long around here, so I had to use the supports.  I didn't want to use regular mild steel with whatever the coating is on them.  About how much meat did you start out with?
  • #10 by MikeV on 03 Dec 2017
  • From memory it was about 5 pounds as i used the Mad hunkys jerky seasoning and followed the instructions
    • MikeV
  • #11 by Conumdrum on 03 Dec 2017
  • From memory it was about 5 pounds as i used the Mad hunkys jerky seasoning and followed the instructions

Me likies Mad Hunky stuff.  I use his jerky mix with added heat.  Tried many types, like his best.  His GP rub for pork/chicken is great as is the pizza shake, wakes up any boring pizza.
Pages:
Actions