Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rfdong on 17 Nov 2017
  • Anyone using a downdraft?  Either the Godke or homemade?  Does it seem to make a difference?  Or not worth the effort?  Thanks!
  • #2 by ArborAgent on 17 Nov 2017
  • I don't have a RecTec or a downdraft. I know that when I talked to the guys at Blaz'n Grills, they had nothing good to say about downdrafts.

At this point, if downdrafts were worth it, you'd think every pit maker would have them either already installed or an option to buy from them.

The fact that none of the high end makers have them (or any of the low end right?) makes me think they're not worth the metal they're made from.
  • #3 by lamrith on 17 Nov 2017
  • My temps on my Rectec are so even I have no desire to tweak or change anything.
    If you are not having an issue I do not see the benefit of spending the time/$ on it.
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 18 Nov 2017
  • Hi rf.  I am with lamrith, I have a 680 and have not had a need for a downdraft as the 680 does great for me right from the box.
  • #5 by rfdong on 18 Nov 2017
  • Thanks for the responses!
  • #6 by MP09 on 19 Nov 2017
  • The responds I got from BGW is that they found no benefit. Since they fabricate in house it would be easy for them to make their own but again no benefit...
Pages:
Actions