Recipe Section > Fish & Seafood

Salmon/Fish Glaze Recipe

(1/3) > >>

Canadian John:
 As I find the taste of salmon , arctic char and rainbow trout very strong,I had to come up with a way to make them palatable. Fish was a lacking part of our diets.  The following recipe did it..Before,eating fish was a struggle and now it is sometimes as good as a good steak.

- Equal parts: Butter/Maple syrup/Grainy mustard..~ 1 TBS/each - for two people.

- Half part:Soy sauce.. ~ 1/2 TBS..

- Place in a small heat resistant glass bowl and heat ~ 10 seconds in the microwave, stir to blend and apply to the cooked fish..Any left over goes well with potatoes or vegetables..

The ratios don't have to be exact. Equal parts work just as well for us..

Maineac:
Gonna try it, John.  Once I took some smoked salmon to my inlaws for Thanksgiving.  I also brought along a squeeze bottle of Roxy's mustard sauce for them to try on pulled pork.  I left them both on the kitchen island and went off socializing.  Came back in a half hour and people were putting the Roxy's on the salmon and liking it a lot.  Something else you might want to try.  Thanks for posting your recipe.

Canadian John:
 That sounds different. Should give it a try!

Bentley:
That boarders on heresy...

--- Quote from: Canadian John on November 17, 2017, 01:12:31 PM ---...Before,eating fish was a struggle and now it is sometimes as good as a good steak.

--- End quote ---

Darwin:
I don't care for those fish a little bit, and for the same reason.  I did find that strong sauces or glazes made with red wine reductions, mustard or acids made the fish more palatable.  Tarragon, chervil, fill and fennel all work well with Salmonidae. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View