Recipe Section > Rubs/Sauces/Brines

S P G (seasoning)

(1/2) > >>

Canadian John:
 That is; Salt-( Kosher)/Pepper-( freshly ground)/Garlic-(powder).   As there several variations I decided to give them a try..The first was the BBQ Pit Boys recipe,long gone since they started" selling" SPG . Their salt/pepper/ garlic ratio is:7/2/1.. Way too salty by my.. The ratio's are by volume.

I ended up with a 1/1/1 ratio..It is the only one I use on beef - that is one side..I grind pepper onto the first side, pat it in, turn and apply the S P G to the other..

I am trying to reduce my rub pantry down to a very few as I found I am only using 3 to 4 different rubs. Even the latest ,a super coffee rub has taken a back seat to S P G.

Quadman750:
My go to for brisket is salt & pepper. Stopped using all others.

StevenM:
My favourite is SPGO

Do you guys get much onion powder or flakes on that side of the world?

Brushpopper:
I'm using SPG more often than not.  Especially on beef.  And I will throw a few onion flakes on when I can find them in the cabinet.  My wife seems to need to rearrange everything regularly.  Drives me bonkers.  Especially when I'm cooking something she requests

Canadian John:
 StevenM:  We colonialists do have onions, yes..  Onion,powder or flakes sounds like a good touch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View