Poll: Not a Cell phone, but a Smart Phone?

Yes.
No.

Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by ArborAgent on 26 Mar 2018
  • All of this talk of cheap phones...

I can basically do my job from my phone. I switched to an iPhone X as soon as it came out. I’ve taken to selling my phone every year and getting the latest new one.
    This is the nicest phone I’ve ever used.

I imagine things would be different if I were retired or not working the kind of job I have, but I spend so much time looking at this thing, I’m happy it has such a nice screen.
  • #47 by Goosehunter51 on 26 Mar 2018
  • Smartphone and Tablet, both critical for work.  Most all apps that I use are free.
  • #48 by WannaBsmokin on 26 Mar 2018
  • Ummmm. Not to be picky, but how exactly is this "food related"?

Should this thread be moved?
  • #49 by okie smokie on 26 Mar 2018
  • We both have iPhones.  Play golf a lot and I can check the weather easier with the iPhone.  Also, get a lot of unsolicited promotion and scam calls.  Working on a way to get less of them.  No Facebook or other social media for me.  Just another victim of progress (?).
  • #50 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2018
  • Your right to be picky!  This was before we made the new section!

Ummmm. Not to be picky, but how exactly is this "food related"?

Should this thread be moved?
  • #51 by WayneB on 26 Mar 2018
  • I have a IPhone7
      My wife has a IPhone 5

Now BentMan, I know that you are now out there in Mayberryland, and signal strength is very important for you to check should you  consider making a purchase.

Culpeper isn't that far in the middle of nowhere. They should have pretty good coverage out his way. I never have trouble when I am riding through that area.
  • #52 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2018
  • I am sure depending on the carrier the coverage is fine.  I just have no use for a smart phone.  I have a flip phone in the truck for emergencies, that I load up once a year with minutes.  I just cant imagine having to use one to post on places like this.  I have an 8inch tablet and I took it to use when I went to CA and it was miserable trying to post anything on it...I can't imagine how much trouble I would have on a little phone screen!

I am a computer person when it comes to the internet.
  • #53 by slaga on 26 Mar 2018
  • I need to preface with I do not use my phone for work and I never have...

It took me a while to get a mobile phone. Most of my friends had them for years before I bought my first one. Once I had one I thought, why didn't I get one sooner. Once my kids started travel sports, texting was the norm for communication so I added the texting package to my flip phone sans qwerty key board. What a pain in the rear to type anything so I bought a phone with a qwerty key board and found I could get needed information from people much quicker with a text than a phone call. I thought I should have upgraded to to this qwerty phone and a texting package a lot sooner. When smart phones first started showing up I was a little hesitant but got in on it pretty quickly without any regrets. Among other things, I cannot tell you the number of times, or hours of sitting in traffic, my phone (GPS) has saved me from by taking a detour around traffic because of an accident, construction, etc. Navigating around real time traffic alone makes my smart phone more than worth it. When my kids are at practice, I routinely watch Netflix and surf the net. Could I survive without a smart phone? Of course I could, but it makes my life much, much easier.

• #54 by dk117 on 26 Mar 2018
  • my kids have smartphones.   And now so do their grandparents.    Want to interact with the kids, see pictures of their lives in real time, get a smartphone.

+ 1 to slaga's comment on navigation.   And add another.   Traveling in Europe last summer the iPhone maps app automatically updates with local transit.   Paris metro, piece of cake.    How far to the next tourist attraction, no problem.   Looking for something to eat, yup got you covered. 

DK

PS I work for one of those big telecom companies.   My wife got an iPhone 3.  I hemmed and hawed and said how much I didn't need something like that.   By the time the iPhone 5 came around I got one and I don't think I could live without it.   

PSS my 4 person household has 8 Apple devices (including work).   Win to Steve Jobs. 

PSSS we do worry our kids are too connected to the devices. 
    • dk117
  • #55 by pmillen on 26 Mar 2018
  • PSS my 4 person household has 8 Apple devices (including work).   Win to Steve Jobs. 

We're not employed in my 2-person house.  We have two MacBook Pros, an iMac, two iPads & one iPhone (Marcia retained her Windows phone).  Another win for Steve Jobs, and we own Microsoft stock, but I couldn't tolerate the constant Windows problems so we changed out six devices a little more than a year ago.
  • #56 by slaga on 27 Mar 2018
  • I doubt Steve Jobs will ever win my household over. The adults use android and the kids have apple stuff. I do have an ipad mini but I much prefer the way my android phone works over the ipad. The ipad was initially a gift I bought on sale for someone way in advance that ended up wanting something completely different so it just became mine.
  • #57 by ICIdaho on 27 Mar 2018
  • I started with an android.  After waiting on carrier updates for 6 months to update a serious android security issue that pretty much ended up bricking my year old phone, I switched.  I could not stand the bloatware that came pre-installed that you were not allowed to delete either.  I am going on 5 years with the iphone 5s that I handed down to my son a few months ago and it still runs like a champ.  I am still on windows computers though, too much cash for the macs.
  • #58 by ylr on 27 Mar 2018
  • I have a Sonim Bolt that I can toss around without hurting it. Has excellent cell sensitivity, too. Only apples in this house are the Galas in the fridge..... :rotf:
Pages:
Actions