Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Free Mr. Tony on 19 Nov 2017
  • Last week at the grocery I saw this sort of hidden away in the Murray's cheese area of my local kroger

I remembered a few videos of Paulie Gee's in Brooklyn using this on their H'ellboy pizza.  I had to try to recreate this now that I had the hot honey. Some crushed tomatoes, then a light sprinkle of parm, and some fresh grated mozzarella. Topped with sopresseta. Put in the Blackstone heated to about 675.

After it came out, gave a crosshatch drizzle of the hot honey.

Bonus shot of the underside

I've made hundreds of pizzas, and am my own worst critic. Can always find something wrong. This was as close to perfect as I've made in quite some time. 
  • #2 by pmillen on 19 Nov 2017
  • It looks mighty good, but honey on pizza?  And HOT honey????
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 19 Nov 2017
  • Looks delicious, pizza is a hard thing to get perfect
  • #4 by Darwin on 19 Nov 2017
  • That's a good looking pizza.   :clap:
  • #5 by rgold01 on 19 Nov 2017
  • looks fantastic    :clap: :cool:
  • #6 by yorkdude on 20 Nov 2017
  • Pizza looks outrageous but have never been a honey fan but as good as that looks might be a mind changer.
  • #7 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Nov 2017
  • It looks mighty good, but honey on pizza?  And HOT honey????

Pizza looks outrageous but have never been a honey fan but as good as that looks might be a mind changer.

I probably would have not thought of this one myself. People seem to go crazy for Paulie gee's so figured I'd give it a shot. I thought the honey would stand out too much, but it really did not. I put it on when the pizza was still blazing  hot. It melted right on the pizza, and added just a subtle layer of flavor.
  • #8 by Maineac on 20 Nov 2017
  • Any pizza with pepperoni on it gets my full attention and that one is beautiful.  There are those food items that don't sound good together but actually are once tried.  This might be one of those.
    I think you have the first Christmas tree photo on the forum.
  • #9 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Nov 2017
  • I think you have the first Christmas tree photo on the forum.

Haha. Didn't realize that was in the shot. We just picked it up from Lowe's a week ago or so, and didn't really see a reason to store it then pull it back out a couple weeks later. Earliest we've put up for sure.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Nov 2017
  • Pizza looks great.  Can you post a pic of the cooker that this was made in?
  • #11 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Nov 2017
  • Pizza looks great.  Can you post a pic of the cooker that this was made in?

Just a standard Blackstone pizza oven.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Nov 2017
  • Thanks for the picture...how long have you had that?
  • #13 by Free Mr. Tony on 20 Nov 2017
  • Thanks for the picture...how long have you had that?

I got it a couple years ago from Lowe's. They stopped selling them, and were closeout priced. I got the floor model for I believe 87 dollars. I don't use it a ton, but for that price it's been more than worth it. I can't say one bad thing about performance. It puts out pizza that rivals many wood fired ovens. I don't think its an attractive piece of equipment and isn't the best build quality, but has held up fine in the garage. Not sure how it would do outside year round.  I would have never paid the 300 dollars that they retail for based on the build, but after using for a couple years it's hard to argue with the end results. Probably worth full price, but I like my deal better...
  • #14 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Nov 2017
  • I would buy one for $100 too.
  • #15 by cookingjnj on 20 Nov 2017
  • Great looking pizza.  Had pizza for lunch, but did not look nor probably taste as good as your masterpiece.  Interesting take with the hot honey.
Pages:
Actions