Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by djtech2k on 19 Nov 2017
  • Hello all.

I am really struggling to find a good source for pellets, specifically peach.  I have a local high end outdoor living store that sells some Memphis and BGE's so they also sell pellets.  I been buying there for years but their selection has dwindled and prices rising.  They used to have BBQ Delight and now they only carry Traeger.  I am paying about $20 per 20lb bag, give or take a a couple dollars.  They do NOT have any peach.

I have found some pellets online, but shipping costs make the price too high.  I did just find Traeger pellets on Amazon prime for $19 per bag, which is decent, but no peach.

Anyone know of any good source of pellets at a good price, and specifically where to find peach?
    • djtech2k
  • #2 by Bentley on 19 Nov 2017
  • BBQr's Delight is the only one I know that makes them...does not mean others don't, I just don't know who they are!
  • #3 by Vision on 19 Nov 2017
  • Have you tried, are you able to put a piece of wood on top of the flame deflector? That should give you the best peach smoke.
  • #4 by Darwin on 19 Nov 2017
  • Cabela's has a peach and pecan blend under their label.  I have not seen a pure peach in pellet form, but I am new to this.

*edit. Some stores have a free ship to store option when purchasing online.  Might find deals to keep the total price down.
  • #5 by djtech2k on 20 Nov 2017
  • Have you tried, are you able to put a piece of wood on top of the flame deflector? That should give you the best peach smoke.

Does that work?  I have the PG500 and it does have a heat deflector.  I never even thought to try it.  I would guess you should get the wood wet before doing it?
    • djtech2k
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Nov 2017
  • I doubt you will get a good blue smoke by doing that.  I would suspect it will be white cloudy smoke.
  • #7 by Vision on 20 Nov 2017
  • There's a guy on youtube that does it. I bet it works.
  • #8 by djtech2k on 20 Nov 2017
  • There's a guy on youtube that does it. I bet it works.

Is that on a pg500 or another pellet cooker?
    • djtech2k
Pages:
Actions