Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Ross77 on 19 Nov 2017
  • "With its two well-established models in the market, Carnes said he plans to introduce four new products next year: the “Matador,” a propane-fired wok-style cooker; the “Rectagon,” an octagon-shaped pellet grill slightly larger than the Mini; the “Bullseye,” a low-cost model designed specifically for brick-and-mortar retailers; and the “Argentina,” which Carnes would not discuss."

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/business/2017-11-18/no-bull-augusta-company-grabs-pellet-grill-market-horns
  • #2 by Bentley on 19 Nov 2017
  • Really? I guess as long as you put one thing in with all the others it makes it all true?  Damon must be a friend...

REC TECs are the only models on the market with proportional integral derivative (or PID) temperature controllers, rust-resistant 304 stainless steel on critical parts, baked-on porcelain enamel exteriors and a six-year warranty.

By Damon Cline   Staff Writer
    Augusta Chronical
  • #3 by triplebq on 20 Nov 2017
  • LOL the power of marketing. 
  • #4 by Hoosier Daddy on 20 Nov 2017
  • Thank you Ross. Love my 680.

I called into Rec Tec about a month ago and was told off another accessory soon to come out.....   Some sort "membrane" that you put on the drip pan that will take the place of aluminum foil.  You will simply take this thing off the drip pan and the drippings will run off then put back on.  No more foiling the pan sounds good to me. 

Dan
  • #5 by Bentley on 20 Nov 2017
  • Yeah, GMG has something like that now...A bit pricy for me!
  • #6 by Ross77 on 20 Nov 2017
  • I gave up foiling the drip pan. I just scrape it off occasionally.
  • #7 by 41magsnub on 21 Nov 2017
  • I gave up foiling the drip pan. I just scrape it off occasionally.

Same here.  When I foil it, I get a dissimilar metal reaction and it bonds to the drip pan.  Harder to clean that than just scraping it off. 

To ease things, if I cook bacon I put it on a rack above a cookie sheet to catch the fat.
Pages:
Actions