Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 06 May 2018
  •  All you need now is a fifth wheel on the hopper box.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It does look good and is most definitely is  directing the smoke.  ;)
  • #17 by okie smokie on 06 May 2018
  • I think maybe I should spend more time improving my Q now.  Not sure the mods will help but it was fun installing them.   :bbq:
  • #18 by okie smokie on 07 May 2018
  • Sold and shipped the second tip today.  Have decided to store mine between cooks inside the grill wrapped in newspaper.  That way I can still use my grill cover.   Happy grilling!   :lick:
  • #19 by westcoastsmoke on 21 May 2018
  • I do not get any smoke from the pipe at 350 - just curious when did you take the picture of the pipe with the smoke coming out?

Here 'tis.  It came in a smoked coating which I could not completely wipe off (looked like soot).  Did my best and then found it fits perfectly over the chimney.  Not much wind today, but I am "burning it in" at 350*.  Have my Maverick grill temp tester installed at grate level in the center. Here are initial pics and installation:

• #20 by okie smokie on 21 May 2018
  • Got smoke during early warm up as usual.  Also, on high with a prime rib-eye sizzling away at 500.  I do not think the exhaust will have any impact on smoke production anyhow.  I have also run the pit at 180 for about an hour and got lots of intermittent smoke. Blue smoke is not very visible unless you have it in the right light. At low temps the feed is more intermittent and you get the extra smoke as fresh pellets first smolder before igniting.   
  • #21 by MP09 on 25 Jul 2018
  • I replaced my chimney cap with the tailpipe which i bought from Okie Smokie.  It works great and makes cleaning the gunk out of the stack much easier. I get lots of comments how cool it looks so thats and added bonus...
  • #22 by okie smokie on 25 Jul 2018
  • I replaced my chimney cap with the tailpipe which i bought from Okie Smokie.  It works great and makes cleaning the gunk out of the stack much easier. I get lots of comments how cool it looks so thats and added bonus...
    I'm very satisfied with mine also.  I don't think it will let rain in if I turn it away from the wind.  I push mine under the porch anyhow when it rains.  Glad to hear yours is a success also.  :bbq:
  • #23 by Canadian John on 05 Sep 2018

•  If rain is a concern, why not place a  jar, can or? over the open pipe when not in use - something people did w/ vertical exhaust pipes on their equipment prior to  the advent of rain caps.
  • #24 by SmokinHandyman on 05 Sep 2018
  • Looks Pretty Cool
  • #25 by okie smokie on 06 Sep 2018
  • I've gotten very happy with the exhaust tip.  It is now a permanent part of my rig.  Really nice that it is exactly the right size to easily slip off and on.  Haven't noticed any effect on cooking or the end product.  On the other hand, I am not impressed with the Don Godke so far (but have left it in).  Will probably remove it soon. 
Pages:
Actions