Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sous vide?  (Read 457 times)

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
Sous vide?
« on: August 27, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »

eh?
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Sous vide?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »

I will be honest, I see this as more of a technique to be used in cooking various meats.  So I envision this kind of discussion to go in the board of the meat you are using the technique on.  For example, you are going to sous vide a steak and then finish on your pellet pit.  Steak is beef.  So, I think you would go to the Board "Here's How I....", select the topic "Cook Beef" and then post a thread with your sous vide technique.

I created that whole board in the hopes that people would use it to share the different methods they used in cooking meats, etc with an emphasis to be placed on the fact that, at some point in the process, a pellet pit comes into play. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »

I would agree with Kristin. 

I will need to kind of update the Welcome.  I realize most of you may think I want you to drink the Kool-Aid too?  I am much more hardcore about keepin it about Pellets then Larry ever was.  For me Joe Traeger nailed it when he said "Taste the Difference".  That was 20 years ago for me, and when I cook out doors, it is all I use, unless I am at a place where I can't. I clinched my teeth and cursed under my breath when I was told to open a few of them...but that was Larry and his site.

Obviously we want to have folks come here, we want you to feel comfortable, you are going to visit other sites, some in the same genre as this one...But this one is gonna be this one.  It is my Ball this time and I answer to know one on how it is run or the content on it.  I hope I will be able to not abuse that power and not be such a Richard you all leave...But always look to the title when in doubt!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »

In another thread I mentioned that I promised myself that I wouldn't hijack threads, as I sometimes do.  I also promised that I would hold to the pellet focus and not post about how I gas grill, cook on a flattop, sous-vide or anything that doesn't have pellets as the center of interest.  I'm glad, Bentley, that you will monitor that.

Posting as Kristin mentions seems like a good solution.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: [1]   Go Up