Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 22 Nov 2017
  • Has anyone put an upper/second rack in the DC? How did you do it, what did you use? Any pictures you would like to share. and lastly is it useful?
  • #2 by LowSlowJoe on 27 Nov 2017
  • I haven't... and no photos.  However, I know a guy who basically pop riveted some aluminum angle stock to each side.... I think he used a grinder to cut some slots in the front lip, that's on the body, to allow the grate to slide in and out easily... also not sure where he got the grate from.   But I must say, from what I saw of what he had done, I really liked it.

Sorry I can't be more specific...    I do know having a nice upper grate would be a great addition to a already wonderful little grill.
  • #3 by keithj69 on 27 Nov 2017
  • Bentley added a shelf to a DB. There are also some other pictures of shelves in this thread https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=380.0
    Same concept, just a smaller grill.
  • #4 by silverbullet on 27 Nov 2017
  • Yes I have & its easy enough & inexpensive to do. Get yourself an extra set of GMG grates. I have an early DC that came with the wide set grates. I didn't like them because burgers kept falling between them so I made a second shelf out of them. After I got a new set of grates
    Get "6" 1/2 X 3 1/2 inch bolts, 12 flat washer's & 12 nuts. (You may not need flat washers if you use the newer fine spaced grates.)

Put a flat washer on a bolt & stick it through a corner of your grate, put another flat washer on the grates bottom side & tighten it up with a nut. Put another nut on flush on the bottom of each bolt to keep it from going through the bottom grate. Do that to 4 corners on one grate & 2 on another. It won't work if you do 4 corners on each grate. You won't be able to get the other grate on. You just overlap the one side without the bolts on the other grate. Bingo! an extra shelf!

I think the fullest I've had the DC was 2 rack's of Baby backs on the bottom shelf, Sliced a rack in half for the top shelf & had a pouch of garlic Red potato's on the other side of the top shelf. It works!
  • #5 by 4given on 04 Dec 2017
  • I intsalled the GMG front shelf kit INSIDE the grill and it makes for a real dandy stainless steel upper shelf. The shelf lifts out and the supports fold flat against the back of the grill out of the way when not in use. Works great!
  • #6 by WayneB on 08 Dec 2017
  • Guess I am the only one the bought the GMG shelf for the DB. It works grate :).
  • #7 by LowSlowJoe on 08 Dec 2017
  • Guess I am the only one the bought the GMG shelf for the DB. It works grate :).

Works great inside a Davy Crockett?
Pages:
Actions