Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jon515 on 23 Nov 2017
  • Post your bird, I made one a few weeks ago to test it.  Cooked yesterday, low heat, reheat today.

• #2 by Bentley on 23 Nov 2017
  • #3 by triplebq on 23 Nov 2017
  • Yummy  :lick:
  • #4 by Son of Earle on 24 Nov 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

This 13.7 pounder was tender, and tasty.  After four years of smoking turkey on my GMG I have never had that golden brown color. They tend to be on the dark side when done.  I must be cooking them longer than necessary, but this is also the way I like it. 
  • #5 by Son of Earle on 24 Nov 2017
  • It appears I have a magical vertical rotisserie.
  • #6 by reubenray on 24 Nov 2017
  • [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

This 13.7 pounder was tender, and tasty.  After four years of smoking turkey on my GMG I have never had that golden brown color. They tend to be on the dark side when done.  I must be cooking them longer than necessary, but this is also the way I like it.

I have got to get a rotisserie setup like this!!!
  • #7 by yorkdude on 25 Nov 2017
  • I bought a rotisserie set up a few years ago and have been wanting to install it, this makes me want to go get it out and try to lay it out. I was always concerned about the stack, nicely done with the offset. Hum......
  • #8 by ICIdaho on 25 Nov 2017
  • Done on my Daniel Boone.  Tried baking powder trick in rub to help with even browning. It seemed to work well.
      [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #9 by reubenray on 26 Nov 2017
  • I bought a rotisserie set up a few years ago and have been wanting to install it, this makes me want to go get it out and try to lay it out. I was always concerned about the stack, nicely done with the offset. Hum......

I was concerned with the opening of the pellet lid may be a conflict.
  • #10 by Jiggle Racing on 26 Nov 2017
  • Nailed it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #11 by Son of Earle on 26 Nov 2017
  • You did nail it Jiggle along with the others that have also been posted. 
  • #12 by Son of Earle on 26 Nov 2017

I was concerned with the opening of the pellet lid may be a conflict.

I just remove the lid on my DB when checking, or adding pellets when using the rotisserie.  It is almost as easy to remove it as it is to flip it up.
Pages:
Actions