Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAK 2 Star flame-outs  (Read 5089 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: MAK 2 Star flame-outs
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 12:12:55 PM »

i started the smoker at 250 degrees and then turned it down to smoke and shortly thereafter it flamed out.  i believe this is the same thing that happened the day before too
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 12:39:10 PM »

i started the smoker at 250 degrees and then turned it down to smoke and shortly thereafter it flamed out.  i believe this is the same thing that happened the day before too
That was the exact scenario last winter when I had my 1 and only flameout to date.  Had the Pellet Boss set to a temp higher then ‘smoke’ and then went to back the temp down to ‘smoke’. I’ve done it many times, but for some reason it seemed to have problems that one time. Not sure if it was a lack of pellets being fed, or to many (smother the fire). I can’t remember...lol.

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 12:38:39 AM »

I see, so it's like the Pellet Boss is possibly waiting too long between auger turns because it's trying to drop the temp in the pit. So then the fire smolders due to lack of pellets and then gets smothered when the auger feed picks up again. That would seem to be something with which the folks at MAK would be familiar. I would still call them and ask them; it couldn't hurt.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up