Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by smokenovice on 03 Dec 2017
  • Hey everyone:

What's your thoughts on the Maverick Pro Temp 100BBQ versus ThermoWorks Therma Mk4.

Looking to replace an original old Thermapen, lasted a long time and no longer reading accurately.  Interested in accuracy, response speed, and quality.......other bells and whistles would be nice too  :clap: :cool: Thanks
    • smokenovice
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Dec 2017
  • check with thermoworks as they may be able to walk you through recalibrating your thermapen if you have not tried that already
  • #3 by Canadian John on 04 Dec 2017
  •  Thermapen all the way..As Bar-B-Lew said check w/ Thermoworks.. They repaired my classic 'pen and it works 100%..I also have a mk4. So much better;Waterproof,automatic light,battery cost ~ a tenth the cost and using 1 "aaa" cell that last 2x longer than

the two button cells of the classic, auto on in sleep mode, adjustable sleep duration vs one set time. I think that is it..Have fun!
  • #4 by Trooper on 04 Dec 2017
  • I have had a variety of other brands.
    I am now 100% products by Thermoworks
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Dec 2017
  • I'm also 100% Thermoworks.  Their customer service has been great.
  • #6 by TLK on 04 Dec 2017
  • just bought my 1st thermopen and love it!
  • #7 by MP09 on 04 Dec 2017
  • Several of my friends had bought other brands only to discover it was a waste of money. You can’t go wrong with the mk4...
  • #8 by RWhyman on 04 Dec 2017
  • I have no experience with Maverick, so no comments on which might be best. I use all Thermoworks products including the MK4 and can say that there customer service has been 1st rate all the way.
    FYI. They are having a sale now.
  • #9 by bregent on 04 Dec 2017
  • I've had a Lavatools thermawamd for 3+ years and it works great and is maybe one second slower than a Thermopen.  The Thermoworks have a better build quality, but also cost more than 3x as much.
  • #10 by smokenovice on 04 Dec 2017
  • Hey, thanks for all the responses and suggestions.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll contact ThermoWorks first on possibly recalibration and may consider their sale for a new MK4 too.  :cool:

• smokenovice
  • #11 by sleebus.jones on 05 Dec 2017
  • #12 by smokenovice on 05 Dec 2017
  • No need to contact them, just go here: http://www.thermoworks.com/pdf/user_manuals/Thermapens/Thermapen_Original_Calibration_Manual.pdf

Hey, thank you. I'll give it a try before calling them if I can resolve it.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
    • smokenovice
  • #13 by WayneB on 08 Dec 2017
  • I've had a Lavatools thermawamd for 3+ years and it works great and is maybe one second slower than a Thermopen.  The Thermoworks have a better build quality, but also cost more than 3x as much.

At list, but they are on sale all the time at great prices, close to 40% off sometimes. Brings the MK4 down to $67 and the original around $35 or $40 if I remember right.
Pages:
Actions