Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you had a "Beyond Belief Moment"?  (Read 1366 times)

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Have you had a "Beyond Belief Moment"?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 07:13:19 AM »

I went out for Mexican food with a couple of coworkers a few years ago. One of them ordered enchiladas and the waiter, looking at me, asked him chicken or pollo? He thought about it for a minute then said chicken. My other friend ordered enchiladas and the waiter, looking at me again and obviously enjoying himself asked him, chicken or pollo? My friend thought about it for a minute then replied chicken.
We had a good laugh but I told them they definitely need to get out more

He should have asked could he have 1/2 chicken and 1/2 pollo  ;D
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »

Soo, in 1981 Spain at the AF cafeteria we had contract cooks, many local folks that worked there.  One day a new kid, thinking he knew Spanish was in the food line and asked the server for 'Polla".  The cook said NO. We didn't say anything to the kid....

He asked again and again, the cook said NO.  When the kid had that mad look on his face the cook leaned up and whispered, "You want my xxxx?" LOLOLOL.  We then informed the freaked out kid chicken is Pollo, and in Spain polla is a slang for your swang. Something about wring the chicken neck I think.

HAHAA!  The kid could never look at that server guy right and the server guy winked at him for months.  Man that was fun!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:22:49 PM by Bentley »
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

TechMOGogy

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Ontario, Canada
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 10:50:36 PM »

I just bought a new 2018 suv.
36 hours after getting it we went to drive it and it had an error on the screen “hybrid system failure. Requires Service” and would not start!!
Dealer called and they picked it up. Called later and told me there are no errors or codes showing in the computer!
I made them send the info to the manufacture. Next day “no error, no codes, return it to the new owner”
That’s when I sent the picture of the error, with the date, time and GPS street name that I took with my iPhone.
Their own high tech vehicle did them in OBD2 codes or not!
A new new suv is now in my driveway :)
GMG DC, FEC100, PK360
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up