Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pulled the Trigger on 590  (Read 2773 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: Pulled the Trigger on 590
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 01:36:10 AM »

Nice, looks awesome.  Putting a few racks on my 680 later today. 

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »

I was impressed with the amount of smoke at 225. The ribs had smoke flavor but not excessive. Great bark, low fat but were not dry.  We almost ate them all but our neighbor came by and ate a couple. Proves anyone can make good ribs with good pork, steady temp and good smoke. One little special thing.  If you foil, then save the liquid when you open the foil, separate the fat from it, and use the rest to baste the ribs just before serving. Big flavor booster! 
Next cook tonight:  Eye of ribeye on the GrillGrates. 

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2019, 01:03:37 AM »

Glad you're having some positive results with the Stampede!

I have had the big brother (Bull) now for a little over a year, and absolutely love the results from it.  I have since added the Bullseye and really like it for the searing task more, though it's more cheaply built compared to the Bull.

I brought out my KJ the other day for a whole chicken.  I hadn't used it in a good eight months.  I'll just say it was not nearly as good, or was over smoked and bitter in comparison to the Rec Tec's.

Try some Lumberjack 100% woods for more of an intense smoke flavor without the bitterness if you haven't yet.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

okie smokie

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 08:06:40 PM »

I was impressed with the amount of smoke at 225. The ribs had smoke flavor but not excessive. Great bark, low fat but were not dry.  We almost ate them all but our neighbor came by and ate a couple. Proves anyone can make good ribs with good pork, steady temp and good smoke. One little special thing.  If you foil, then save the liquid when you open the foil, separate the fat from it, and use the rest to baste the ribs just before serving. Big flavor booster! 

Did this last week.  GrillGrates work fine for the eye of ribeye.

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 09:09:56 PM »

Did this last week.  GrillGrates work fine for the eye of ribeye.

Nice job! How long does it take to heat up the GrillGrates? What temp did you set at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

okie smokie

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 10:46:48 PM »

Set temp at 500* and let the grill reach that temp for 5 minutes before putting the steak on. Usually the GG's measure about 560* or more using my radiant heat sensor but I did not test this time. They are well worth the cost. I have not tested the "High" setting, but am told that the temps can approach 600*  I see no need to use that setting, as you can see, the steak is well seared.  Since you have direct flame searing, you would not need the GG's.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up