Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eggs Sticking  (Read 744 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Eggs Sticking
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »

Not exactly pellet cooking but..Frying an egg on cast iron or steel (I. E. Blackstone) can at times be trying in that the egg glues itself to the cookware = sticks.. What works and is reputed to be just like Teflon is: Heat the pan or griddle, apply a light coating of

olive oil, just enough so the surface isn't dry. If you fell there is too much it can wiped out. Add a dab of butter ,enough to cover the area the egg(s) will be placed. Don't skimp on the butter. Place the egg(s) onto the buttery surface.. They should immediately be

able to be slide around....That is slick in more ways than one!

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Re: Eggs Sticking
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »

I use my cast iron for eggs (and also use butter mostly).  I never have issues with any types of oil.  My only problem is if my wife cooks an acidic sauce in the pan without telling me and it ruins the seasoning.  It is easily remedied though with a couple rounds of seasoning and it cooks non stick again.

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »

I use my cast iron for eggs (and also use butter mostly).  I never have issues with any types of oil.  My only problem is if my wife cooks an acidic sauce in the pan without telling me and it ruins the seasoning.  It is easily remedied though with a couple rounds of seasoning and it cooks non stick again.

Get a different pan for your wife, or alternatively, a different wife for your pans.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

Get a different pan for your wife, or alternatively, a different wife for your pans.

ZING!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:04:09 AM »

My pans are all very well seasoned except one that is marginal.. With the Blackstone craze I thought this tidbit would be of some help as the Blackstones come unseasoned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up