Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Lothar1974 on 01 Dec 2017
  • Yesterday my wife had a biopsy done and today was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Head is still spinning and seems like a bad dream we can't wake up from.  Just had an MRI and see an oncologist Monday.  Hopefully will know more then. 
  • #2 by Free Mr. Tony on 01 Dec 2017
  • Can't imagine the feeling. Good luck. Hoping for the best possible outcome.
  • #3 by Michael_NW on 01 Dec 2017
  • My wife and I will pray for you and especially your wife. We have been through what your are experiencing . . . hang in there! We are also praying that you will be surrounded by those close to you who love you both and who will serve as your anchor as you go through the ups and downs of dealing with this disease.
  • #4 by triplebq on 01 Dec 2017
  • Get well wishes to you and your wife..
  • #5 by jdmessner on 02 Dec 2017
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you both. May God give you peace, courage and strength in the days ahead. I will be praying for you and healing for your wife. Keep us posted.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 02 Dec 2017
  • Lothar,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    God Bless you all for a complete and speedy recovery.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 02 Dec 2017
  •  Very sad news indeed..As bad as things get there is usually someone else worse off.. I wish you both well..GOD BLESS!
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Dec 2017
  • Do you feel comfortable sharing her first name?  I always like to pray for people by name.  Regardless, I will pray for her.
  • #9 by Lothar1974 on 02 Dec 2017
  • Do you feel comfortable sharing her first name?  I always like to pray for people by name.  Regardless, I will pray for her.

Hello,  her names is Amy, thanks everyone for the kind words.  Will be a long road ahead but we have a strong support group of family and friends.  Will know more this week.

Jason

• #10 by Trooper on 02 Dec 2017
  • Prayers!
    You want - you got!
    I'm there everyday and including you and Amy on my prayer list.

SEARCH - "What ever you ask in my name " and then cherish the incredible verses that you have referenced.
  • #11 by urnmor on 02 Dec 2017
  • You and Your wife are in our prayers.
  • #12 by yorkdude on 02 Dec 2017
  • Prayers!
    You want - you got!
    I'm there everyday and including you and Amy on my prayer list.

SEARCH - "What ever you ask in my name " and then cherish the incredible verses that you have referenced.
    Trooper that is amazing, many beautiful verses. Wow!
  • #13 by Bobitis on 02 Dec 2017
  • Prayers and best wishes from here Lothar.

Dad died from cancer. His sister had one breast removed and lived many decades after. This was probably 40 years ago or more.
    The love of my life had a breast removed many years ago. A year later, they took the other one and she had tramflap surgery.
    Her then boyfriend told her that the surgeons had butchered her. No wonder she left him. Yes we keep in touch and still love each other in some manner.

I've no doubt that you'll be by here side every step of the way Lothar, but the battle goes deeper than anything you may see.

For some reason, women obsess about their breasts. I've no idea why as it makes no sense to me. It may be a cultural thing? In their DNA? Color me clueless.

Hold her hand every step of the way. Hug her every chance you get. Back OFF when you think yer the almighty councilor of resolve of all things. She loves you, but you'll never understand what she's going thru. Look for support groups (they're everywhere). By ALL means, don't take her 'supposed' actions as a rejection of your intentions. Yes, it's confusing as all get out.

Women are wired differently than men. To that end, it's the husbands job to navigate the ocean of emotions that may/will occur. You may find support groups for that as well.

Hang in there Captain.

• #14 by GREG-B on 02 Dec 2017
  • Having had one cancer scare, I know what you are going through.   Tell Amy they have done wonders and ####miracles with cancer procedures over the past 20 years and survival rates are up substantially.  I've also learned that one never gets over cancer, you learn to live with it.   Also a good support team is beyond compare.   
  • #15 by ZCZ on 02 Dec 2017
  • Will lift Amy up in my prayers good MN friend!
    Z
Pages:
Actions