Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by jdmessner on 07 Dec 2017
  • Some good news, was something on her liver we were worried about,  just a cyst.  Bone scan came back negative for cancer.   :cool:   Chemo starts next week and goes for 5 months. Then a mastectomy then radiation for 6 weeks.  Will be roughly a 10 month process.

AMEN!! Made it through the first step of the journey. Praying for the coming months ahead.
  • #32 by Michael_NW on 07 Dec 2017
  • OK, whew! Life changes and challenges are coming your way. My wife and I are praying.
  • #33 by Lothar1974 on 26 Dec 2017
  • Shes had one round of chemo, hit her hard.  Been up and down days, lots of restless nights for both. She goes every other week for 2.5 months on this chemo.   She just had a port put in last week. Shes been out of work for the whole time and will be till mid Feb.  Not sure how we are gonna survive with her being out of work as she makes more than me being a physical therapist   :(       Christmas was nice with everyone from her family came up from Iowa.  Was a long crazy and loud weekend, 3 xmas parties as her parent are divorced.  My aunt died xmas morning, so more stress.  Sorry for the negative sounding post, just beat down tired today.   :'(
  • #34 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Dec 2017
  • I pray for you both daily.  I wish I could do more.  Does she qualify for any state disability payments/insurance?  Please know that there are many that are thinking of you and Amy and wanting only the best for you both.
  • #35 by Canadian John on 26 Dec 2017
  •  It is never nice to hear about someone going thru the pains of sickness ..I just wish both of you well and would like to second Kristins kind words(above).  God Bless!
  • #36 by yorkdude on 26 Dec 2017
  • Sounds so cliche but hang in there, not sure how else to say it.
    Nothing but loads of prayer and heartfelt well wishes.
  • #37 by Lothar1974 on 26 Dec 2017
  • I pray for you both daily.  I wish I could do more.  Does she qualify for any state disability payments/insurance?  Please know that there are many that are thinking of you and Amy and wanting only the best for you both.

Kristin and all,

Thanks again the wishes.  We will make it through, sorry was venting a little.  stressful weekend. 
  • #38 by cookingjnj on 26 Dec 2017
  • We fully understand, and are all praying for you and Amy!  Hang in there best you can and keep the faith brother!
  • #39 by Michael_NW on 26 Dec 2017
  • Vent all you want - I think we all know, to various degrees, the effect of stress and trouble on our lives. What you're doing is helpful to both you and us here. We can pray more specifically and you can share your load with us. God give you strength, Lothar!
  • #40 by Lothar1974 on 28 Mar 2018
  • Been a busy past couple months to say the least.  Wife is on second type of chemo which is once a week for 12 weeks.  She just completed round 7 and tomorrow will be round 8.  Tumor is allot smaller and barely able to feel.  After chemo will be a wait and double mastectomy and then radiation.  She’s doing alright, mostly tired, kids are a little anxious.  It’s been a rash of issues that don’t help with stress.  Had two aunts pass since December, costly car break down, front door issue which requires a full new frame, door and storm door. Nephew in bad car accident that was in the news (thankfully all are ok). All in all we are hanging in there and moving along.  I have had a shaved head since end of high school / start of military in the beginning of the 90's, to help support the wife losing hair I am not shaving my head (as I had already been doing that for years) so I am growing it long.  The super mullet is in effect. I was in middle school the last time my hair was this long.  Also sad to see how bald I am on top  :)     My 10 year old daughter is hoping to braid my hair if it gets long enough.  Sorry for the lack of updates, been hard picking up the slack at home and having extra time for anything.  Hope to post some cooks soon as well as other updates. Thanks all!
  • #41 by Canadian John on 28 Mar 2018

•  Thank you for the updates..I believe I can speak for all of us wishing you and your family well.. One thing is for sure, better weather is on the way, and that just makes one feel good.
  • #42 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Mar 2018
  • Thank you so much for the update.  My prayers for you, your wife and your family are continuous.  I am so sorry you are all having to go through this.
  • #43 by Gringo on 28 Mar 2018
  • Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the family is still hanging in there with all the adversity in your lives right now.  Just know, that prayer continue to come your way.  Stay strong.
  • #44 by Michael_NW on 31 Mar 2018
  • The update is much appreciated! Thanks for letting us know how to pray. Stay strong!
  • #45 by RobertG on 31 Mar 2018
  • Thanks for the update.  Thoughts and prayers for you, your wife, and family. 
Pages:
Actions