Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Comp Cart Coming!  (Read 2885 times)

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
Comp Cart Coming!
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:02:16 PM »

The rest of you Rec Tec owners may have known this but I did not until recently watching a facebook video of Ray answering viewers questions.  Anyways Ray advised that was a Competition Cart (among other things) coming out soon.  He advised the cart would be $299.

Anyone think they will upgrade to one?  It's a dilemma for me because even though I have no intention of competing or even moving my RT680 around all that much I still want one.  Think I'll wait & see how many drawers etc. it has so maybe I will be able to justify it :)

Anxious to see the other new products Ray talked about that should be coming out soon.

Dan
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Comp Cart Coming!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

When I purchased my Grid Iron I got the comp cart. Well worth it! I don't compete and only move my unit around my brick paver patio.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

lamrith

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »

I may not upgrade, but if it had been an option when I bought I might have.  The video and stuff I have seen the comp cart is really nice.  The 680 in std form is very back/top heavy and easy to tip over.  It could really use a wider base on it even if not "comp cart" format.

The comp cart they were whipping around with a full hopper and she was rock solid.  Very nice setup for sure.

snj1013

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

anyone have a link to any videos?

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »

What else is coming?  WiFi???
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

lamrith

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:52 PM »

anyone have a link to any videos?
Not sure we are allowed to link directly.  Bbut if you go to Rectec Grills page on facebook, and then video's there is a "RAY and the Competition Cart" video posted on Nov 21st that shows it.

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

Yes!  Along with two built in probes I believe.  Sound like the shelf may be swapped out for another but not sure. 

Yes go to Rec Tec's FaceBook page and there is a video with Ray.  It was live back in November.  I did not see the comp cart on there??? Sounds like they showed it during the live feed but I didn't see it watching today. 

Ross77

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »

Yes!  Along with two built in probes I believe.  Sound like the shelf may be swapped out for another but not sure. 

Yes go to Rec Tec's FaceBook page and there is a video with Ray.  It was live back in November.  I did not see the comp cart on there??? Sounds like they showed it during the live feed but I didn't see it watching today.

Nice. Hopefully it’s not outrageously priced.

snj1013

• Using less gas.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »

Found it. Thx. Nice, but I don't think I need it as my Rec Tec doesn't move much.

snj1013

• Using less gas.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »

Per the video, $299 for the cart.
Found it. Thx. Nice, but I don't think I need it as my Rec Tec doesn't move much.

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »

Yah, that's my problem.  I don't need it either.

Ross77

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:57 PM »

I just watched a couple of the videos.  The wifi upgrade is $99 and will be out later this month with two probes.  The competition cart looks solid.

snj1013

• Using less gas.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »

I just watched a couple of the videos.  The wifi upgrade is $99 and will be out later this month with two probes.  The competition cart looks solid.

Of course the wifi controller is about to be released.....I finally got the Thermoworks Smoke Gateway!!!! Now what to do?? Keep the Smoke and Gateway, or upgrade!!

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »

Of course the wifi controller is about to be released.....I finally got the Thermoworks Smoke Gateway!!!! Now what to do?? Keep the Smoke and Gateway, or upgrade!!

This also falls into the want vs. need. Do you need the Wifi, nope. Do you want the Wifi, yes. Get the Wifi.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »

I can't seem to find the picture of the comp cart some of you have mentioned seeing?  I've watched Ray's facebook video and at the end of the video he mentions the cart and says they'll be back  but then the it's over. 

Where is the pic at?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up