Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Ross77 on 25 Dec 2017
  • My wife is Korean and we had her parents over for Christmas Dinner so the menu was mostly Asian food.  My wife marinated beef short ribs for two days with her Kalbi homemade sauce. 

I'm not a big fan of smoked meat with asian marinades so these were a hot and fast cook.  It was -2 when I turned the grill on at 4:30.  I set it at "Full" and it took about 30 minutes to get to 510 degrees.  Not terrible considering how cold it is. 

I cooked them for about 10 minutes using 6 Grill Grate panels.  They turned out great and the RT performed admirably in the sub zero temps.  I think the GG's helped immensely.  When I opened the grill to flip the meat, the temp dipped to 350 and it took a little too long to recover.  Although the GG's made up for it. 
  • #2 by Bentley on 25 Dec 2017
  • That is some great tasting beef!
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2017
  • Sounds like the only thing that mattered was what the inlaws thought...which was?
  • #4 by Ross77 on 26 Dec 2017
  • They were a hit but I can only take partial credit....
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2017
  • They were a hit but I can only take partial credit....

Great to hear...don't forget to thank you wife for her contribution but IMO the pitmaster always gets the credit good or bad.
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 26 Dec 2017
  • Can almost taste them right through the picture.  Thanks Ross.  Glad they turned out great.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 26 Dec 2017
  •  Care to comment on the marinade?   It is something I might try..
  • #8 by Hoosier Daddy on 26 Dec 2017
  • I can almost smell it from the pic :bbq:
Pages:
Actions