For BBQ Competitors > Judges Corner

I think we have a few judges and from different Orgainizations.

(1/4) > >>

Bentley:
Became KCBS Certified BBQ Judge in 2003 at American Royal.  Ed Roith was my instructor.  Funny, I do not remember the year or my 1st competition judged...wow.  Became a Master Certified Judge in 2009, stopped keeping track of how many I have judged after 50, it just did not seem important anymore.  I do enjoy it, but have not judged since 2015 I think...a shame!

Edit:  I have been informed my 1st Competition Judged was Heatin up the Bay, put on by Arlie at Mandalay Bay in November of 2003!

riverrat49:
Became a certified judge in 2014 for PNWBA, 1st contest I judged was Freedom Fest in Dallas (Not the Dalles) , Oregon, must have done a good job because the senior judges told me I could judge with them anytime. Went on to judge at the World Food Championships in Vegas in 2014. Don't judge much as I also compete but do like to judge 1-2 times a year.

Kristin Meredith:
I also became a CBJ in Sept of 2003 at the AR.  Judged my first contest in Nov 2003 -- "Heating Up the Bay" at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas.  Huge contest with teams from all over the United States. Great contest and some of the most fabulous "Anything But" presentations and entries I have ever seen.  I am one contest short of my Master, but can't motivate myself to judge just for the reason of getting a MCBJ.  I want to judge because I want to judge, otherwise I won't be fair to the competitors.

Gringo:
I became a CBJ in 2014.  I only judged 4 contests over 2 years.  There are just not that many BBQ contests here in Minnesota. And, to judge the contests here,  I also have to be a member of the Minnesota BBQ Society.  With my work, it is just too difficult for me at times to travel a long distance to judge a competition.  So, this year, I let both memberships expire.  I just found it wasn't worth it to judge 1, or possibly 2 contests a year.

ZCZ:

--- Quote from: Gringo on August 28, 2017, 01:59:13 PM ---I became a CBJ in 2014.  I only judged 4 contests over 2 years.  There are just not that many BBQ contests here in Minnesota. And, to judge the contests here,  I also have to be a member of the Minnesota BBQ Society.  With my work, it is just too difficult for me at times to travel a long distance to judge a competition.  So, this year, I let both memberships expire.  I just found it wasn't worth it to judge 1, or possibly 2 contests a year.

--- End quote ---

Ditto. I have let my CBJ expire for the same reasons.
Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View