Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hokiepop on 14 Jan 2018
  • My probe was also off 20 degrees.  If the problem is programming shouldn't Memphis be able to fix it?  I believe the controller for the Memphis and the Kuma are identical and the Kuma probe is spot on.

For the first hour I cooked the turkey at 225 to generate more smoke but then raised the temperature to 325 until the controller said done.  After I checked the IT of the turkey and discovered it was not done I raised the grill temperature to 350 to get it done.

You are right, better to have the ash below the deflector plate than blowing around the food cooking-I was just surprised at how much ash was generated as my experience with the Kuma was so different.

I will have to check out buying and modifying metal cake pans to fit the drawers-the disposable trays that fit the trays are not cheap and I agree they would tear pretty easy if you tried to scrape them.   Thanks for that tip.

I am sure I will grow to love my Memphis, its reputation is legion among the experienced pellet fans on this forum.  Now if central Virginia would just warm enough so I could use it I would be a happy camper!

• #17 by TravlinMan on 14 Jan 2018
  • I am sure I will grow to love my Memphis, its reputation is legion among the experienced pellet fans on this forum.  Now if central Virginia would just warm enough so I could use it I would be a happy camper!

The Memphis takes a little to get to 'know' it..  But in the end - it works very well and consistent.. :cool:  The elite has a lot of area to warm up when cold, but - once warm up is complete - it should be fairly efficient with the pellets.

Having 2 grills should compliment each other very well.. I appreciate ours when cooking more than one thing at a time..

Warm up?  Have to agree with you there..   The sun came out today in SW MI and the temp came up to the mid-teens - Wifes said Pellet Mac and cheese and steaks were on the agenda.. Oh yeah :bbq: .. Between the parents, in-laws, and neighbors  -  I barely managed to save a small steak and a good spoonful of the mac and cheese..  Got the thumbs up from all.. :clap:

The Kuma looks to be an excellent unit..  Glad to hear you enjoy yours..  One was on my 'Short list', except a local dealer was clearing out their old inventory of Memphis units before the wifi units came out and the 'Pro' ended up coming home with us..

Happy Smoke to you and your family this new year.. :bbq:
Pages:
Actions