Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matador at Rural King  (Read 4584 times)

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
Re: Matador at Rural King
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »

Fire disc is twice the price. I think RecTec will do okay with this. I have always looked at the firedisc as something that would be neat to have but wasn't going to buy for $400. At $199 I might be a buyer.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 04:07:46 PM »

I just realized this is a gas unit...Will be honest with you all, this site is NOT about Gas!  And neither is this section!
"β€˜One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Spartan Smoker

• Using less gas.
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 11:19:51 PM »

Setting the fact that this is the Pellet section, I will weigh in.

Don't have the Matador but do have the $400 version and it is great for certain things I cook for my family of 6. 

Tomorrow morning.... 2 lbs of bacon cooked first.  when they are 75% done, I move them from the center out to the sides of the disk.  Then I throw down some hashbrowns.  Crisp them up in bacon grease... Then move them out towards edge (on edge everything stays nice and warm without cooking). 

Then I make a dozen eggs.  Scrambled. 

Dinner - great tool for Fajitas.  Fried fish (outside instead of inside), French fries, have made burgers where I can make some well and some med rare at same amount of time.  Have made philly cheese steak.

It is like a flat grill except the shape creates a situation where the middle is warmer than the edges so I really like it to cook several things and having it all done at once.  On my flat top it is hard to get the grill to work that way. 

I will likely buy a matador for my hunting cabin.  I have the Fire Disc for home, but not going to drop $400 for a cabin version. 

RecTec RT-700 with Cold Smoking Box

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 05:20:03 PM »

Well I finally got the Matador.  Why did I finally bite the bullet after waiting over a full year before making the purchase?......Because Rural King had them marked down to $99 :cool:   The pan is massive and pics don't do it justice.  Should be a nice addition to patio beside my other grills. 

In case others might be interested.  My local RK was sold out so I went on line and found one in a RK in a near by town. 

Dan
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:23:02 PM by Hoosier Daddy »
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up