Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 18 Dec 2017
  •  Has anyone concocted a front shelf for their Pro?

It would be handy for loading and unloading food especially something large and/or heavy where a third hand or shelf would be helpful. To ice the cake,it should be removable or fold down.
  • #2 by ZCZ on 18 Dec 2017
  • Removable would be best I think so as not to damage the front surface.  Perhaps something that would hook over the front lip.  You would want one with the #4 stainless finish to match the rest of the grill. Now you got me thinking . . .

Z
  • #3 by Canadian John on 19 Dec 2017
  •  ZCZ, Keep me posted. Your thinking is probably better than mine at the moment.

I did contact Memphis and was advised, no shelf or plans to do so.

Merry Christmas!
  • #4 by DE on 19 Dec 2017
  • You might try googling "BRACKET, DROP SHELF" you will find quite an assortment. insert Stainless and you will zero in on more ideas. You can find the shelves at various restaurant supply stores. All just food for thought.   :)
  • #5 by Canadian John on 19 Dec 2017
  •  Thanks DE..I had a look..The main hurtle is the double wall in the area the shelf brackets would attach to. That steers one to a hook-over concept or, the easy way out - ask the wife to hold the platter.

Keep the ideas coming.
  • #6 by Phrett on 20 Dec 2017
  • I use a 2 shelf metal cart with the top shelf mounted upside down so the edges are even with the flat areaa of the shelf.  I can moe it left/right to make tending the grates and food very easy and comfortable. 
  • #7 by Canadian John on 21 Dec 2017
  •  That is a good idea - thinking outside the box.  The cart concept is of interest to me as it would only be used on occasion. As well it shouldn't damage the pit other than a possible scratch if there was movement, or hinder its operation. And the cover will still

fit.  I might try fabricating a narrow table just the right height.

Thanks Phrett,and Merry Christmas.
  • #8 by David on 22 Dec 2017
  • I have a 4 ft. lifetime table that I have estended the legs with pvc pipe,  not very fancy but works pretty well
  • #9 by Canadian John on 22 Dec 2017
  •  Thanks David.  Something like your table should fit my needs..

Merry Christmas!
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Dec 2017
  • I usually just use the side shelves or the top of another grill nearby.
Pages:
Actions